Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 24, 2024, 10:28:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fix for E398 Pwr only Keypad problem!  (Read 7670 times)
Darkcon
« on: July 22, 2008, 11:47:53 am »

Hi there, I've enjoyed using your site for a couple of years now to mod my E398, 6 months ago, I found to my horror my keypad died for everything except the power button, and sometimes 1 and 2 button...

at first I thought it was a problem with a mod I had put on, or that I might have done it wrong

I found a fix for a different model phone, V3X? or something, Cant remember, anyway it didnt work, and I notice many other people have this exact same problem and no one could find an answer except buy a new keypad(I've heard one of the chips on the removeable keypad can "go bad" for no reason at all)

Well I beleved this to be the case for my phone, untill today, I was pulling it apart and cleaning up the contacts etc, in some hope to revive it

when I noticed a tiny watch battery on the main board, I dont know what made me try to run it without the battery in, but I did

and as of right now, its keypad is working!!, to test, I put the battery back in and sure enuff, the keypad stoped working again after turning it on a couple of times

I've since removed it again, and it hasnt had a problem since (7 hours now)

the battery in question I suspect holds the date/time of the phone when its off/the main batterys flat

My theory is because its worn out, and not chargeing anymore(or flat if its not chargable), and thats taking power away from the chips on the removable keypad circuit, making it not function correctly

I sudjest replacing the battery and trying it again, tho I dont have a replacement watch battery for it right now, So im using it without the battery, if someone has this problem, trys it, and replaces the battery with a new one, pls post yer results(will it work with a new one, or will it only work without one at all, etc?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, i've seen this problem all over the net with no answers and figured this would be a good place to post it in the hopes it helps some poor sod like me lol
tegezan
Indonesian
Global Moderator
PHD modder

.:MotoRokr:.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 05:26:32 pm »

hmm,nice info.. hope ur experience can help other people too:)

Indonesian Motousers Community
devakail

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 10:50:45 am »

nice post, i had problems with keypad in e398 and v300, i discovered how to make them work, i put a piece of paper in the volume up key, in the e398 there are 3, in the upper only, i put it  and turned the phone,and  the keypad worked very fine, but now i cant use volume up, is like it has a shortcut in volume up key, i still dont know how to fix it, but if someone has a problem of keypad, you can try to make this, it worked on me on 3 phones, 2 e398 and a v300,

and for make the volume go up, go to sounds or video, and press volumedown and a number 0-7,

sorry 4 my bad english.
MATRICE
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 11:37:10 am »

nice trick.i will try it.but 4 vol its old trick man.he2.but keypad its new trick.he2
Tantarado
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 10:49:40 am »

Also have the same problem....but is okay now, thanks to Darkcon's tip on the battery. It save me time and money! keep it up and thank you very much! to you and motohell!
sarquez
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 01:39:08 pm »

Got the same problem, bought a new battery, it takes long hours to charge with both batteries, keypad almost fries, and I don't think my batteries are getting fully charged, turn on the mobile... and damn... 2 hours no more batteries... I have no idea what to do!
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 01:27:20 am »

Finally a solution.. Man,you deserve more than 1 karma for that.. Wink
This has been one of the most annoying problems that E398/ROKR users had including me..

Thanks a lot,mate.. Keep sharing your knowledge..

Added to the guides..

farkzlay
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 02:08:29 am »

damned i late to read this
my phone has very similar problem.

i cant wait to come home to try ur method.
review asap
tata78
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 04:58:51 am »

Nice info!
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting