Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 02, 2024, 04:48:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: elektro255 based MPs  (Read 3590 times)
skwara
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:14:05 am »

Hello,
elektro255 started new way of modding, he released 4 versions of his firmware.
The problem is that he locked it the way, users from Poland can't make calls - phone hangs, the reason was elektro255 wanted us to pay him for unlock codes, I don't know reasons, and I don't really care why he decided to do that. Anyway he sent me unlock patch for my phone, which works perfect with versions <= 0.3. The problem is that most of new MPs are based on 0.4 and elektro stopped developping his firmware. I tried to contact him via IM but he didn't respond.

So my question is if there is anyone who can fix this, so I can use my phone for purposes it was created. Phone hangs when after typing phone no, and pressing make-call button (green phone). Sending texts is possible though, even by pressing green phone button instead of 'send' button.
NiKSY
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:25:53 am »

If its true what you say - maybe you are doomed Smiley
But you could try and port that patch for firmwares before 0.3
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:27:48 am »

I didn't know the firmware is locked for Poland users... What you described looks related with this lock. Unfortunately his sources are closed and we (or actually I) cannot help. Maybe you must search for other Polish user that has newer unlock code to help (if the codes are the same)

Weird

NiKSY
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 11:04:33 am »

You will probably find more polish users on motofan.ru
skwara
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 11:09:27 am »

Quote from: NiKSY
But you could try and port that patch for firmwares before 0.3
elektro sent me FB patch file, so there's no need to port it. But it doesn't work with 0.4 :/

Quote from: Exploited
Maybe you must search for other Polish user that has newer unlock code to help (if the codes are the same)
Codes are based on phone's IMEI.

I searched polish forums... no luck :/
NiKSY
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 11:27:16 pm »

Maybe he just moved that piece of code that locks your phone to some other offset! Thats why I said maybe porting should help... Port from v0.3 to v0.4a... But v0.4a isnt very popular, to tell you the truth Smiley
skwara
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 02:33:12 am »

Ok, so today is my lucky day, I spoke to elektro, he pointed me to a file where he explains how to remove this 'feature' plus he sent me links, one of them, contains created FB patch file that makes this problem history.

The patch is located here

Author says it works with 0.3, he doesn't say it won't work with 0.4 though.

Thx for all of you who tried to help me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting