Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 28, 2024, 10:21:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [E2] [FW] Black Storm  (Read 77924 times)
vanzky102
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2008, 07:05:56 pm »

another bug : my battery only last one day with this FW, while it can stand for 2-3 day on another FW.

it's not a firmware problem... probably you are using intel xscale with underclocking apmd. in my experience it last one day with apmd of 52-104-208. so i think this apmd or others could be causing poor batery life.

i recomend you to use original apmd (104-208-312). mi batery life was 2.5 with it and 2 days with black storm apmd (208-312-416).

remember that not all apmds in the pack or intel xscale were proved to be stable. i didn't create the apmd pack so i don't know which one is bad. you might try and experiment to find the best one

other common problem is that your battery could be damaged. a lot of people have this problem and it is because motorola bt-50 is a very bad battery. other cell phones with this battery have this problem too....  it is damaged if it get bigger

By "original ampd" it means the stock one? Thanks.
deadly_venom_alliance
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2008, 12:06:36 am »

Is this firmware really effective because i downloaded the phoneware manager from e2modders.com but it never worked...I would really like to know what version of the E2 it works on and what type of application it is eg.Mpkg or what ever. i'm not very familiar with this stuff because this is the first time i'll be downloading firmware...
giulianobr
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2008, 04:51:32 pm »

Please, what's new in your last edit(02-August-2008)?

Hello… This is the first modified firmware based completely on the last stock fw that Motorola launched (R564_G_12.00.49P). This time I decided to start from the beginning because some modified fw are even slower than the stock. This is a sign that something is wrong so I have to start from the beginning to see what elements are causing this loss of speed. Black Storm is carefully compiled to get the best performance and stability so far

It is dedicated to English and Spanish users (the name and language of extra applications are automatically adapted to English or Spanish language). There are two versions, the standard one and other with kaledoiscope

The main advantages are:

• Loading of applications are up to 100% faster in comparison with previous fw (only version without kaledoiscope)
• Fixed problem that in previous firmware the message service weren´t loaded at the beginning. This was the reason I lost many messages, one of the main motives for which I decided to do this fw
• Possibility to use the telephone without the SIM card
• Skins can be loaded in SD
• The music is played smoothly. There are not annoying clips
• Correction of media player. Now it is possible to see all type of signs!!! It has also a softer displacement in the menus
• You can use the radio without earphones!!
• Synchronization with Motorola Phone Tools
• Voice recognition included. Reading the message
• Intel Xcale tool to make real-time underclocking/overclocking
• Application to rename pictures with graphic menu (fotoren). It changes the name of the moto_ * picture to the following form: yyyy-mm-dd_hh.mm.ss.jpg
• SD Manager completely redesigned. Much more efficient!
• New program: Skin Manager
• Camera with zoom up to 8x
• Tap writing method improved
• Incremented volume
•New ringtones
• The low battery annoying sound were replaced with a vibration
• ilove3d Kernel v1 (ext2 and ext3 support, multiple keypress)
• Utilities (PhoneWareManager, System Info, Intel Xscale, SD Manager, LoadSDskin, Desktop visuals, Lights control, Refresh phone, Reboot, Fotoren, LinkSYS, BootGreetings, Print screen, EFEM)
• Included mpkg:
Adv Volume Editor: to edit volume table. Allows sound increase, decrease and equalize
Backup Tools: Creates and restore backup of contacts, alarms, lists of music, skins, applications…
HideFolders: to hide folders in your SD
Open With: to associate file types to a program
 Vmemory: to create swap virtual memory from the cell. Very useful if you have not created partition swap yet
VR replace: to replace the voice key function. Two programs can be linked to this key because it includes short and long pressure
• The brightness isn’t modified when you makes overcloking/underclocking
• Possibility to change the voice commands easily!!! You should put on the file "command" that is in this download, inside the folder my_favor.
• Skins: OP, Revolution, Alkali (stock)
• MotoID working and stock games
• Descompresor of rar; zip; tar; tar.gz files
• My_FAVOR automatically executes:
   apmd (to make overcloking/underclocking)
              myfont.ttf (to change the font of the skin)
              ezx_volumetable.cfg (to modify the volume)
ui_start_up_mono.wav (to change the sound when the phone boot up)
• In both versions there are not support for squash files system as proved to be an average of 15% slower
• The download includes three mpkg:
Rockbox: music player
Zmplayer: video player
softlock: software keylock (by C + *)

The version with kaledoiscope adds the following functions:

•   Software keylock (by C + *)
•   Copy/Paste function
•   Multitasking for ezx-application
•   Icons in submenus
•   ilaunch bar

Attention: this version removes the synchronization with Motorola Phone Tools and it`s a bit slower

Important: This FW doesn’t modify your operative band. The frequencies your network works aren’t changed

This package contains:

• Firmware
• Installation guide
• Motorola USB drivers 3.4 & Telnet drivers
• RSD Lite 3.8
• Apmd Pack
• Voice commands modification kit
• Triband flex pack
• Mpkg Pack

DOWNLOAD http://www.e2mod.com/content/view/271/26/

Mirrors:
DOWNLOAD BLACK STORM

DOWNLOAD BLACK STORM (KALEDOISCOPE)

ptikjp
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2008, 08:25:48 pm »

Does anyone know if the M-F alarm clock issue still exists for the Aug -2- 2008 posted firmware?  Id like to try this but without this I am losing very big functionality.
vanzky102
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2008, 10:12:11 pm »

Does anyone know if the M-F alarm clock issue still exists for the Aug -2- 2008 posted firmware?  Id like to try this but without this I am losing very big functionality.

I think its ok now. I dont know what happened but its running perfectly now.Just let your phone run for about 24 hours and the alarm bug will disappear.
ptikjp
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2008, 07:14:10 am »

hi can anyone put attach the volume table of this monster pack to the forum? I think when I did a backup restore flash it reverted back to the original volume table. I think the original of this monster pack is louder.

BTW,

Thank you for a fantastic monster pack.  I have found a very little bug:

When you have a number that uses the INSERT # tag, the box that appears to enter in the remaining number has a black background and the font is black so you can't see what is being written. But all works fine.

The battery life suggestion with the AMPD stock works great. My phone used to need to be charged every 8hours or so ... since I changed the ampd to the stock one, its lasted so much longer.
ahmed
Really experienced

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2008, 12:10:21 am »

This fw is excellent it also supports  non extreme Aio  lang pack...
ahmed
Really experienced

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2008, 02:36:52 am »

About the VR replace program in black storm  i see it is limited to some functions only .. how to make it extend to sum all installed programs and applications like shortcut key on the disk top?
ptikjp
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2008, 07:26:00 am »

Does anyone know how to have your phone book list the numbers as well as the contact information? I have duplicate name entries with different numbers, i'd like to be able to open up my phone book and distinguish the entries without going into the edit menu.
basu_e2
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2008, 11:04:26 pm »

I have reflashed my E2 by blackstorm. After flashing mobile is not able get network.
It will be always in searching or no service mode. I am not sure whether this is due to new firmware.
The same sim card is working fine in other mobiles.

Can any one in this form provide me solution for this problem?

Thanks
Basu
gauge.e2qd
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2008, 03:02:29 am »

hi...

i've tried it...

it is cool...

faster then other..
but i have problem.
it is sometimes show the message box that write

panic:80060,to dump!

what is going on???
after this message box, i have to restart my phone,
if i don't restart, there problem at sending sms,the message can't send...

please every one help me.... .. Wink Wink Wink Wink
ham
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2008, 06:13:41 am »

How can I remove the original data connection ?  When I select remove coonection It says ''The selected profile is locked and cannot be removed''
Help me plz  :'(
Taurnil
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2008, 07:06:59 am »

you can't.
Just make another connection...
NestorM
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2008, 10:01:25 am »

I have reflashed my E2 by blackstorm. After flashing mobile is not able get network.
It will be always in searching or no service mode. I am not sure whether this is due to new firmware.
The same sim card is working fine in other mobiles.

Can any one in this form provide me solution for this problem?

Thanks
Basu

You need install the flex corresponding to you operator frec, look inside the package, is there a file named 1900-850 or something. --- flash those files corresponding to your operator.
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2008, 10:06:42 am »

I am going to flash Blackstorm now (didn't flash my phone for a long time already)... Wish me luck Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting