Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 27, 2024, 11:18:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E398 dead i think  (Read 5121 times)
Lawley
« on: May 06, 2008, 11:48:51 am »

I had my phone in the cupboard for like 6 months, i tried to use it the other day but theres no life left in it and when i plug the charger in nothing happens at all, i tried 2 different chargers nothing happens is it likely its just my battery that died or is it something more serious?
NiKSY
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:56:49 am »

It could be that your battery is dead dead dead or even leaked - so get it out fast and try with some else... If no then who knows what happened :S
balcksheep
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 05:38:26 pm »

but sometimes when the phone has a bad flashed.. the battery is imposible to charge and with new/old batteries the phone can't turn on
prasasti
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 07:15:57 pm »

@Lawley,
Do u mean, u left ur batt empty for six months?
Yes, It could be leaking..
Lawley
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 10:39:40 pm »

Its never ever been flashed, i found this forum yesterday and want to flash it though Tongue, and the battery is in mint condition no sign of acid anywhere on the battery or in the phone

edit: I ordered a battery yesterday (received 2 of this morning them for some reason xD), it still has the exact same problem no life in the phone at all even when i plug in the charger,  but now when i hold the *+# key and plug in the usb it recognises the phone on my computer, is it possible to do anything with this?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 06:01:49 am by Lawley » Logged
NiKSY
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 11:31:51 am »

Oh so your phone is bricked not hardware dead...

Anyway, you hold*+#, or *+#+RED?
balcksheep
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 05:03:19 pm »

try turn on the phone,,,, like if you had been working with a bad flashed phone....     

look this...
http://www.e398mod.com/content/view/11/25/
Lawley
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 04:24:31 am »

I spent all yesterday trawling though about 500 forum posts learning, and managed to flash it to the R373_G_0E.30.42R mp then to the motohell mp with the factory charge on the new battery, and its all working fine :DDD,and now i can charge up my original battery so i have 3 now, its a bit weird though having a total software meltdown, having just left it in a cupboard.

so now its all working i can just make a full back up so if it breaks again i can restore it and it will fix any problems?
prasasti
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 08:19:03 am »

Congratz bro...
Yes, weird problem. But u manage to fix it.
NiKSY
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 10:34:11 am »

Yup, make full backup with flashbackup 2.62 or higher version if you wanna buy it...

Glad you`re with us now! Cheers!
rardia
New, but not n00b

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 11:43:46 am »

I have problem. I just flashing my rokr. I forgot that i used elf. After bootscreen, my rokr blank.
So, i flash again with backup in boot loader. But after that, come sig error, the battery has low.
Actually, before i flash my rokr, i charged that until full.

Now, what i must do???  :'(
rardia
New, but not n00b

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 02:09:53 am »

I have problem. I just flashing my rokr. I forgot that i used elf. After bootscreen, my rokr blank.
So, i flash again with backup in boot loader. But after that, come sig error, the battery has low.
Actually, before i flash my rokr, i charged that until full.

Now, what i must do???  :'(

Finish! I just connect it to FB3 (in error state) but FB3 can detect it. So i flashing it again.

My ROKR live again Grin
NiKSY
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 04:42:09 am »

Rock on ROKR! Enjoy! Smiley
iicocuk
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 01:01:57 pm »

Don't forget: "Motorola never dies" Smiley

Sometimes ago, i drop my e398 and its lcd screen is broken. I searched and bought one, changed it and my phone come to life again Smiley
I don't say, i broke its flash for many times Smiley)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting