Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 19, 2024, 10:14:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help my E398 display stopped working suddenly  (Read 4955 times)
brettj1
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:00:35 am »

Hello I am new to this so please be patient with me
My E398 is still working recieves incoming calls & if yoiu are clever enough to hit the right buttons you can make calls but the display just suddenly 1 day stopped there was no physical abuse it was working 1 minute & next it wasnt the back light still lights the screen up but no life from the display
I have the USB lead for it if it is a software problem is there any way I can do a test to find out the cause so I can make it work
P_41_JO
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 01:46:22 pm »

is your phone still original software??why don't you try to flash it, if the problems still happen after flashing, then you can think if it's HW problems.

Don't forget to make back up before flashing.
brettj1
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:08:19 am »

MMMMMM well I made a backup of all my files & tried to flash it & I think I did something wrong now it doesn't turn on any more I tried reflashing with original saved files but still nothing happens
P_41_JO
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 10:10:52 am »

please try to flash using any MP available here first, then tell me what you get.
brettj1
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 07:13:11 pm »

yes I used the MP from moto hell
I figured the software was original as nothing has been done since new
it now only turns on in  bootloader mode
but it no longer will connect to PC
& display does not show any thing only backlight comes on
sorry for  my ignorance in this matter I am new as I said
Have I totaly destroyed it ?? Sad
farkzlay
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 08:45:45 pm »

nope bro. don't worry e398 can never completely dead.
try flash another MP.

if your problems exist, explore this forum or another modding forum. many instructions of various problems has written on there.

P_41_JO
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 01:05:04 am »

as i told you, please try flash using 42R for all full flash first, then tell me what you get.
brettj1
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 12:06:18 am »

Hello again well I flashed the phone with 42R & now as before it won't turn on when the on button is pressed, but it will start in bootloader mode, but the back light for the display doesn't come on any more & the screen just displays a seriese of lines & dots that appear to scroll up the screen .
the PC will only recognise the phone in bootloader mode & says it is an unrecognised usb device any other time
P_41_JO
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 01:01:35 am »

are you sure that 42R is "42R for all"? because it's different, and please make sure it's full 42R for all, not just the cg7 only.
argetlam
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 08:02:09 am »

Try to check Ur hardware too. For easy way, go to service center and check it. I'm affraid thats really a hardware problem.
brettj1
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 09:44:52 am »

yes I used a 42R for all monster pack & when that faild I tried to flash my original backup & still nothing diffrent & I still don't have back light, just lots of little lines on screen
Oh & also it does turn on normally but turns off in a matter of seconds
& yes I am starting to think it is a hard ware problem & beyond my means to repair
P_41_JO
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 11:44:56 am »

if it said so, then i don't have any idea anymore, but i still think that it's not HW problems, but who knows??you can try everything to revive your phone.
argetlam
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 07:00:52 am »

I just remember. If Ur PC detect it as malfunction USB device, thats mean Ur phone isnt entered the bootloader mode perfectly. Try to force it with pin or testpoint method and reflash it.
P_41_JO
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 11:10:09 pm »

don't too hurry suggesting to test point, it's final way, very final.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting