Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 18, 2024, 05:16:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E398 (Upgraded) VS Rokr E1?  (Read 18038 times)
iPhonk Inc
New, but not n00b

Keep istiqomah along your life...

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2008, 12:48:19 am »

Hmmm,,, I'm so confused to choose da best phone between 2 phones above... gimmi a suggestion and the reasons why I should choose it..... And how about the hardware and software?
Thanks...   Smiley

my Life must be goin' on..! visit my weblog Ora Mutu
NiKSY
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 02:47:06 am »

Hardware is identical and software can be changed.

If you want to choose between those two... Are you buying a new or an used one? I dont know if there are any new e398s Wink

So I would go for ROKR. Especially if you are buying an used one, because its less spent... And again, if you are buying an used one, get one that is NOT modded. Speakers are better on an unmodded one Wink
iPhonk Inc
New, but not n00b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 03:48:08 am »

I'll buy the used one.., BTW, wht d'you meant of speaker is better than before modded? is it about d'speaker of E1 or E398? and so, wht about the conclusion? thnx b4.., :-)

buster_merryfield
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 06:16:08 am »

i would go for E1... (but i would put the black casing from E398 cus its cool Smiley )... E1's led diod is made for video recording... so when its dark and u turn the flash on... it will not melt itself while video recording. while e398's LED is all hot and stuff and after minut it comes blue and then starts to melt... sounds funny but true... its not made to be used like that, its made to be used just for short period of time when picturing. and the speaker... cus allmost all moded phones has sound at higher volume, so the speaker's are not good as new... you now for yourself on your stereo or cd player, when u keep it at max volume for like 7days it will be damaged...

sorry for my bad english i hope i helped ,'-)

peace
iPhonk Inc
New, but not n00b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 07:19:35 pm »

Hmmm.., it sounds great. But I've heard that the screen of E1 is better than E398. Is it right? And which one is having louder sound? BTW, is it true that E1 has more solid body than E398? So that E1 is stronger than e398 in shocking or when falls down? And also the manners of modding from e398, can I apply it same with my E1 too?
Thanks, I'm sorry if I've much of questions

pizzadox619
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 08:11:27 pm »

E1: 256k color
E398: 64k color

i recommend u to downgrade Bootloader if you choose E1
farkzlay
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 08:25:48 pm »

, get one that is NOT modded. Speakers are better on an unmodded one Wink

why you say that? i don't see any differences, cmiiw.
P_41_JO
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 10:56:56 pm »

i prefer e398, cause my phone is e398, he he he he...
NiKSY
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 03:40:43 am »

, get one that is NOT modded. Speakers are better on an unmodded one Wink

why you say that? i don't see any differences, cmiiw.

OK, so Im gonna correct you Smiley I have a good ole e398 that serves me great, but speakers are trashed! I just tap my finger on it and you hear them buzz...Sound quality is greatly reduced, volume is lower also... Why you ask? Because I modded it and always used the loudest GTs+vibe sync...I didnt mind the cracking of the speakers... 

So now I took new speakers from my mom`s ROKR (yea with her camera lol) and well...its SOOO much better! I wish I didnt trash my speakers at the first place... But almost every MP has very loud GT and every modded e398 has been used a lot sooo...

LOL I hope Im clear
buster_merryfield
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 03:15:27 pm »

About the "strenght" of the casing... I dunno... I trashed, dropped, smashed, cracked, etc... My old e398... NOTHING! I smashed it on to my friends wall and only thing that was damaged was his wall... And E1 also... Motorolas are strong sons of b****... So... And for the screen... I dunno.. I never could notice the difrence... I switched it from E1 to E398 couple of times... I did not noticed the diffrence... And the sound... The sound quality and loudnes you pick that by yourself... With MP and gaintable.. Anyway... What ever phone u buy... It will not be a mistake!  ,'-) Just do not buy some nokia or something...
st. G!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 09:56:09 pm »

yeah throw all your phones (nokia, se & motorola e1/e398).. & see which will be the strong one!.. i bet it would be this e398!.. lol! cause i've throw my phone alot of times & it even fall from the vehicle (glad it was not been smashed by the following car)..

just give it a try!.. & inform us the result!.. k?... lol!
NiKSY
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 04:07:56 am »

I once threw my e398 down the stairs in some building (on purpose) just to show off to my friend and his crappy W910i.. And LOL nothing happened to my phone afcourse... he made from top to bottom in like 1.5 seconds Cheesy Jumped like crazy...

God I love having a 30$ phone... If his phone falls he would kill himself because he paid like 250$ for it... He`s stupid xD

Original casings have some kind of thing steel bars on the side, to improve its strenght Smiley
farkzlay
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 06:22:06 pm »

@ niksy
you're the crazy one, dude lol
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 11:28:02 pm »

I would choose E398 because it has better plastics on the panel

iPhonk Inc
New, but not n00b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 11:31:46 pm »

he,he,he,he....
it's crazy phone with crazy owner too... Yupz, I'll try to buy Rokr E1 first, coz my friend had bought E398. T_T .... I ty to get different phone. BTW, thanks a lot for your informations... Keep loving moto.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting