Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 28, 2024, 02:34:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L7 flash fail, help please...  (Read 11959 times)
iroent
« on: January 15, 2008, 08:26:56 am »

my l7 phone now can only put in boot loader mode,
that happen when I try to flash the motobeauty firmware.
I have try to flash with other firmware but always fail.
I flash with rsd, FB3 and p2k easytool
my firmware 4315 G 08 B7 DCR RB, BL 08.D0
how to make my phone work again?

huatz84
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:49:06 am »

The safest way to flash L7 is by using FB3.So,what is written on your phone in bootloader now?Have U done fullbackup before? If U have,just restore your backup using FB3 with L7 profile.
iroent
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 02:43:09 am »

boot loader show firmware R4315 G 08 B7 DCR RB, BL 08D0.
I have no backup phone. can you help me...
huatz84
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 08:38:41 am »

Go to M3.There are a lot of original firmwares for L7.Choose firmware for bootloader 08.D0.
iroent
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 07:01:22 am »

I have try to flash original and mooded firmware from m3. but always fail. like in the picture.  is that possible  hardware failure.
huatz84
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 10:21:52 am »

I think your phone PDS is broken.U need to fix it but I don't know if Moto Repair Studio can support L7 or not.U can read my attachment how to revive your phone.I got it from M3..Good Luck.
SHEHU AS
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 03:05:30 am »

I want to reflash my L7 too. Where do I Get FB3 with L7 profile and how do I go to M3 for original softwares? I typed www.M3.com and the site is in JAPANESE! Help please.
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 04:35:50 am »

M3 is www.modmymoto.com ..

darwin_rodgers
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 11:14:37 am »

hmm ,, u need to see if it the good one i had that problem to
therabitia
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 01:32:08 am »

Hey, I got the same problem with my phone. it stuck in BL. it's BL is 09.02 and i tried to downgrade it into 08.D0 since I couldn't find any MP for that 09.02 BL. after I flashed the langpack and Flex, it seemed okay. but after i reflashed it using dual BL, wow, I got it stuck in BL mode. On the screen it's written like this:
PH SIG ERR
Help me to fix my phone please...
oh I almost forgot, I had back it up 3 times using FB3. but when I had to Flash the back up file, the flex can not be changed. Huh...this is the 3rd times after i Flash my 398, and L6...Help me guyz...
therabitia
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 01:05:09 am »

i have the same firmware with you. i think it is easier for us to use fb3 rather than other tool. but make sure that you make back up for you phone before flashing 2 or 3 times since i had ever got my back up broken. and I dont want to make it broken for the 2nd time, so make sure you back up your phone twice or three times using fb3.
You can find a lot of MP for bootloader 08.D0 in m3 site. juz choose l7, and then click on flash file, choose MP with BL 08.D0. you have to choose an MP with RSA patch remove. there are AER,ACR,DCR,DER types with different characteristic. I'll tell you i na simple explanation about each fw series that I quote from m3:
Slvr L7 Firmwares Explained

by rome32

Theres been a lot of threads where people are looking for the "best f/w." There is no one best firmware because each one is different and has its own advantages / disadvantages. I scoured the forums, and below are some common f/w described. Theres a poll here about the different firmwares .

*Sticky firmwares are in red. Don't flash stickies unless you want to be stuck with them or unless you already have it. You can check you s/w version by going to setting>phone status>other info>sw version* There is now a possibility to flash other f/w. Please see Update 2

[update] As new cg1 patches come out, I will be removing things from some firmware descriptions because they are no longer unique to that f/w.

[update 2]It is now possible to flash a regular f/w to a sticky one, but only if a pds patch is applied. Most newer monster packs already have it applied. Can someone let me know a little more about this patch so I can update this thread with more details?

R44419 - (Asian) Can be installed over non sticky R4513

0FR - Originally made for Chinese market and made popular by Yeut's mps. It's fast, has photo styles, system sounds, and hot messages. Most mods applicable.

1AR - Made for Malaysian users. Has better camera (photo) quality, photo styles, system sounds, screen3 and is fast. Better than normal reception.

07R, 08R, 09R, 17R - I couldn't find much info about these except, that like every other R44419 f/w, they have photo styles. Probably similar to other R44419 f/w. 17r is very new, I only found 1 thread about it.

R4517 - (North American) Can't use R44419 or *R4513*. Flashing non-R4517 results in brick and possible corrupted pds.*Update* Bfielding has found a method to install R4513 on top of a R4517. Theres a guide here. Big ups to him! There is also a user by the name of Shevc00f that has accomplished this by using dual-boot. Dual boot seems like the next big thing in Slvr modding, so ill try to keep this thread updated with it.*

25R - Sticky but can be removed with testpoint or got_moto (got_moto has been known to brick trying to remove 25r in the past) BFielding (aka Bigsmoka) has made some great 25r monsterpacks.

1ER - Very moddable, no unique features. Is slow compared to some some other f/w. BFielding (aka Bigsmoka) has made some great 1er monsterpacks too.

32R - T-mobile. Very sticky but can be removed with newer smart clips. Very little, (if any) 32r monsterpacks out right now. There is a possibility of reflashing one of BFieldings (aka BigSmoka) 25r mps.

37R - Newer cingular f/w. Probably very sticky.

R4513 - (European/ South American/ Any Other) can be installed over R44419. If you accidentally flash a R4517 mp, you will get a brick, but it can be easily fixed by flashing a stock R4513 mp. BOOTLOADER NOTE -*09.02*

* more secure bootloader, but a risky downgrade to 08.d0 is a possibility. You can use non-RSA removed 08.D0 monsterpacks with this bootloader*

DAR, DBR, DCR, DDR, DER - Essentially the same, but DER has the most updated CG1 and is the fastest out of the group. The D_R family is faster than the A_R's. Very common f/w.

ABR - Has ringtones from transflash, slightly faster than ACR and has better signal reception than the D_R family.

ACR - Seems to be the most popular russian f/w, and thats where alot of mods come from. Has ringtones from transflash, is a little slower than ABR, but has the best signal reception of all R4513's.

AER - Sticky firmware than can be removed using got_moto, Blank Neptune method (yeut has a great guide on his blog) or testpoint (not recommended, risky). Most mods possible and some good mps out there.

EOR -Sticky firmware can be removed using the same methods as mentioned above. Is fairly fast and can do most mods.

5ER,5DR - One of the oldest f/w for the L7. laggy and slow but has system sounds. Seem size is not equivalent to newer f/w. No one really uses this one anymore...

I tried to make this as accurate as possible but please correct me if you see a mistake, or if you can add more info. There are probably many more (theres a pattern - a,b,c,d...) but i think they are just minor revisions. F/ws in the same families (A_r, D_r) should be closely related.

Radu4Moto
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 05:45:29 am »

Iroent, it can't be a hardware problem. If your phone stays in boot loader mode, it's okay.
Try to flash a stock FW (using FB3, with "Motorola L7" profile, of course).
If it doesn't work, take the battery out, connect the USB cable and try to make "Full Repair PDS Zone" with P2K Easy Tool 3.9 (with L7 profile).

This is all the help I can give, `coz I own a V360, not an L7.

Anyway, tell us what is written in your boot loader screen ! Tell us exactly what is written there. That will help us to understand what it's about.

unknown0520
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 03:34:34 am »

Hi,to solve this problem.
U can try to change an USB cable(sometimes,cable can not transit date,steadily)or USB port(maybe your USB port had no enough power).
If you can not solve this problem.Please change a computer to flash your phone.(My phone had same problem several months ago,I solved it by change a computer)
Good luck!

PS:I am Chinese,so,my english is not very good.I think you can understand me,yes?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting