Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 29, 2024, 05:28:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who wants the messaging bug fix?
I want it badly!!! =DD - 8 (53.3%)
It would be nice if you release it... (: - 5 (33.3%)
No thanks. I do not face the problem. (: - 2 (13.3%)
I hate the e2Revival Project. <.< - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA] e2Revival Firmware  (Read 101346 times)
zjole
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 09:52:58 pm »

I've got experiences with making firmwares and skins.when will this project be started?I'd like to help but I'm working hard for exams these days and won't be FREE until next week.Sad
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 12:08:27 am »

@Arctu, tell me what should i do... Smiley Im ready for script shell... Wink

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

arctu
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 02:03:40 am »

@zjole
I'll be willing to wait for you till you finished your exams. (;

@keaglez
Yes, here's your part of the job: NoName(AutoRun Manager).

there would be autorun files in a folder..(/ezxlocal/.system/autorun/). each file in this folder handles an autorun function for e.g.

#!/bin/bash
## Name: Automount mmca5
## Author: keaglez

mkdir /mmc/mmca5
mount /dev/mmca5 /mmc/mmc5
## EOF

So, what your script does is, read the files in this folder, get the name and list them with multiselectdialog. by utilising the checkboxes, it will generate the autorun.txt by simply adding the line to exec the corresponding script. get the idea? i don't know if this is possible with bash alone. if it requires a native program to work perfectly, just tell me.. Also, feel free to add your own ideas along.. (:
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 02:15:23 am »

Yes, i think its possible with only bash shell... Smiley Btw just for confirm, i need to make two script, right? First is the list of function in autorun.txt and the second is the multi select box that read from autorun.txt, am i right?

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

zjole
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 02:31:13 am »

All my exams will be over by next Thursday. 
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 05:51:13 am »

Hehe... I almost finished this script... Wink It will able to read the script file (.lin) in /ezxlocal/.system/autorun/ and write to the exec list in /ezxlocal/autorun.txt... The autorun.txt will be able to read the function from the script file and use exec variable to call the function... Now i still test it...hope it will work well... Grin So with this autorun manager, we can place every script (the script must contain function only and various variable), and manage it easily..! Hehe... Its a very great idea Arctu... Grin

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

arctu
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 06:11:39 am »

@keaglez
Yes. exactly. You got the point! Isn't it a great autorun manager? If you're done with it.. maybe what you can do next is improvise it by lets say... your multiselect dialog would remember the previous autorun setting or something along the line. (;

@zjole
Sure. I'll wait. I'm working on the applications for now. After we're done with the applications, then we move to firmware editing.

Btw, everyone, I only have till 28th Jan to do this. So hope we can complete this as fast as possible.

Currently, I'm working on completing rokrGui, that is cleaning up the source code(so I can release to the public) and made it not script dependent, totally native app.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 06:15:43 am »

@Arctu, absolutely... It should be complete tonight... Smiley Once i finished, i will send you the script... Wink

Add:
Got a new idea... Adding menu to create function and delete easily... Smiley
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:43:56 am by keaglez » Logged

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

arctu
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 07:23:16 am »

Haha.. Alright.. just pm me the link to your script. Wink I'm gonna doze off now.. (it's night time here)
u4ia_eclipse
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 09:37:45 am »

(offtopic)

Man, this is a wonderful project! i've been waiting for something like this to happen for some time now..

@arctu
I think i've seen you in the forums before. I think it's in howardforums. am i correct? ur using a different username before? back in the e398 modding days right? haha! if that was indeed you then im glad that ur now using rokr e2.. thanks for all ur wonderful work =)
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 02:11:26 pm »

Hell yeah, done!!!

@arctu, check your PM please... Smiley im ready for the next... Hehe...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

arctu
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 07:38:59 pm »

@u4ia_eclipse
Yep. HF and MotoModders. E398 user. Nick arctu/daTsunami. (;

@keaglez
Replied to your PM. Good job. (:
arctu
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 08:50:34 pm »

@keaglez
Somehow, your script doesn't work on mine. (I'm on EXTREME2). Your script isn't able to write to autorun.txt(console output "Nothing changed"). I even tried running the script with root(from telnet), still doesn't work.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 11:40:20 pm »

Oh... Should be wrong with the setconfig binary..... I will change to use sed now... Smiley

@arctu, check PM please... I have tried to fix it...hope its working now...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:48:07 am by keaglez » Logged

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

arctu
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 06:50:35 am »

@keaglez
Good job. Your next task is: (Flexible+Autorun memory mounter, able to select which partitions(besides first partition) to mount).

For this, its just a `mount | grep /dev/mmc` and get the list of mounted devices and create a list for the user to select to umount. (Checkbox list would be fine).

As for mounting, you can check file system type and partition name by `fdisk -l /dev/mmca | grep /dev/mmca`. With that, you create a list similar to umount list above but this one is for mounting. You should also check if the partition is already mounted before adding it to the "Want to mount" list. Up for the challenge?

----

For me, actually, I wanted to do NoName(System Info Viewer) and NoName(Font Select with Preview) today but I'm encoutering some life problems atm.. Sorry..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting