Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 23, 2024, 10:35:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bluetooth problem & one question  (Read 2763 times)
dmad
« on: November 16, 2007, 04:16:41 am »

I have two questions:
1. I have an e398, Bootloader 07.D0, SW Version: R373_G.0E.30.49R, flashed with MotoLovers 2. I installed VirtualCorelet with Audio Player Plugin, change the theme and uninstall all java applications i don't need. The problem is: i can't send file via bluetooth. I do the following steps: Menu -> Connectivity -> Bluetooth Link -> Setup -> Power On (and find me, if someone want to send me a file). The bluetooth is powering on and i choose from Multimedia menu, Sounds. If i press the green button (dial), i receive this error "Cannot send file. Send Restricted". All the files are from TransFlash (1 giga). Also, the same error on Phone flash. Where is the problem? Where is the option "Find Devices"? I receive files from another phones, but i can't send files.
2. It is possible to implement png format (http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/) to Motorola Themes? It's open source and have a lot of features, in front on the old gif. if is possible, what i need to edit? (i know, i need to know programming... it's not a problem Smiley).
Thanks.
gayoe
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 05:59:03 am »

if you want to send files from Multimedia >> Sound, Pic or Video...you have to press the button 0 to select the file that you want to send on BT.
dmad
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 10:04:49 am »

Thank you, gayoe Smiley
dmad
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »

I sent an e-mail to Motodev Technical Support about png support for e398 (png embedded). The answer is here:
Dear Developer,

MOTODEV Developer Technical Support is provided to assist developers to make use of the publicly-exposed APIs on Motorola handsets, to enable the creation of high-quality applications.

We cannot assist in any way with questions concerning the internal files or firmware of handsets that are not accessible through those APIs.

Tools to modify the internal software or firmware of handsets should only be used by network operators or approved service centers, with the approval of the manufacturer. Note also that the internal organisation of handset data is always subject to change, for the introduction of new facilities and bug fixes.

Attempts to modify handset firmware without the specific guidance that is given only to those approved users, is likely to render a handset functionally crippled, or completely inoperable. Should that occur, only an approved service center will be able to determine whether the device can be restored to working order.

We will place the incident to solved based on this policy.

So, nobody said "it's impossible"... So... anyone tries to implement PNG format for e398? Smiley

Developer Technical Services
MOTODEV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting