Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 19, 2024, 07:51:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Develop ELF applications  (Read 14885 times)
pt1989
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 01:56:44 am »

thanks you very much Bullfrog... I have now loaded Fbrowser properly with MotoMixer ( i was trying with Elfloader application but failed) what is the elfloader application for? but when i try to execute Test.elf cellphone restarts... does every elf have to be different as well so what compilers are required for the same?? I think on motofan they were discussing about using some ARM compilers used for GameBoy development or something... but the translated text was a bit confusing.. please guide me
Regards
pt1989
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 02:46:59 am »

ok so i compiled with GoldRoad the test.asm assembly file but when i launched it thro' Fbrowser it just exits (however phone doesn't restart ) and suprisingly the older test.elf also causes Fbrowser to quit but not the phone to restart...

the make.bat when launched gives me an error bigend not a valid option (P.S. i have turbo C++ installed is it because i have an older version)
I saw the commands and it launches an ARMlink program which i guess is another compiler.

i think it works like this it causes Turbo C++ to EDITproduce the object and then uses the arm compiler to produce the final executable binary. Am i right??
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 11:14:00 pm by pt1989 » Logged
EOG
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 05:44:10 am »

Yes I've found this another compiler at motofan.ru

DOWNLOAD HERE

IMPORTANT
Put files from asm folder to c:/asm
Rest fules can be anywhere
pt1989
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 12:18:11 am »

Thanks a lot EOG i wanted that armlinker program couldn't find it... are u sure it's not warez anyways i don't give a damn i got it now  Wink
i downloaded GNUarm mebbe that can help in the future... don't u think the it should be c:\arm instead of c:\asm
besides i also think that u should add c:\arm to the PATH variable. Cause the batch program directly calls the armlink file.... thanks a lot dude

Also how do u put the SDK into the compiler cause the helloworld.h has this
Code:
#include<apps.h>
and not
Code:
#include"SDK/apps.h"

means the SDK has to be integrated with the headers of the compiler, i guess
pt1989
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 06:02:36 am »

OK so i actually compiled everything but the helloworld program still doesn't work but it compiles... also i will tell you how to make an FPA ELF patch for *any* CG1 of a RSA removed motorola MP. The patch would have to applied manually cause as Bullfrog said it patches something beyond the normal CG1.
First download the following :
1. ADS
2. PortKit
3. MotoSDK 1.0a
4. GNUARM (optional alternative way i found of compiling useful if working from Linux)

Follow this procedure then
  • create a folder in root of C as PortKit (u can choose any)
  • extract SDK folder form MotoSDK into C:\PortKit
  • All files from ADS (the exe's and dll's ) into C:\PortKit
  • Copy the arm folder from the ADS archive into c. so u should have c:\arm . This need not contain the exe's and dll's
  • Extract PortKit into c:\Portkit
  • Add to the PATH variable C:\Portkit
? -> http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
[/list]

OPTIONAL way setting up GnuArm
  • Install Gnuarm from gnuarm.com
  • Search for include folders in the Gnuarm install directory. There should be two of them. Copy header files from SDK folder in motoSDK to both
  • Compile with arm-elf-cpp

Creating FPA patches for any firmware.
  • Split the firmware using ShxCodec.
  • Copy the CG1 into the PortKit folder and rename it to CG1.smg
  • Edit make.cmd file with notepad search for 'set PLATFORM = NONE'. Replace none with your phone type e.g. E398 would be LTE L7 would be LTE2 and a special one for V3i
  • Edit file c:\PortKit\obj\sysinfo.c  with notepad. There replace the default settings with your phone settings. Remember if you are not aware of programming then do not delete the semi-colon at the end and also make sure the text is within the double quotes
  • Goto Start -> Run -> cmd. In the console type
Code:
cd c:\Portkit
make.cmd CG1.smg
    [/li]
  • Now in the build folder u will have the two fpa patches Register.fpa and elfpack.fpa Also u will have elfloader.lib and lib.o. Copy the elfloader.lib and lib.o into b/elf on your phone
  • For compiling u need to keep the lib.o

I have tried to make this as simple and correct as possible... please correct if there is anything wrong.
Regards
EOG
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 03:11:53 pm »

HelloWorld is has no graphic it;s juzst system sound player. when you start it by fbrowser go back to walpaper(using 'red button') and press buttons on keypad(remember * unloads HelloWorld)
pt1989
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 10:26:40 pm »

yeah thanks it works now ...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting