Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
March 29, 2024, 08:43:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LP0031 problems...  (Read 4051 times)
payne
« on: December 10, 2007, 07:44:45 am »

hi there..i have a rokr e1 and i modded it..i downgraded it to BL 07.D0 so now i can put many mps etc...the problem is that i hadn't done a back up of my original stock firmware and now i want to use the langpack 0031 i just can't! i basically need the greek language..so here's what i did: i decompiled a mp with SHXCodec and added in his langpack(with shx's langpack editor) the file Greek.lng which i exctracted from a R372 firmware...now here's the real problem..:i flashed the mp and although i have the Greek language as an option i get these:: 1)if i choose the greek language as the phone's menu language, then the menu becomes messed...what i mean is that many options in the menu have another -irrelevant- name of their normal..for instance when i go to the icon "games&applications" of my moto i see as a name "Italy"!!! over messages icon its ok..it says "messages" but there lots of wrong correspondings inside the menu..... 2)although i can use greek language to write a message, when i write in greek (nomatter are capital or not) my message suddenly becomes enormously big..160 characters which is usually a normal ONE message, when i write in greek is THREE messages!!!!!!

I really love my (modded) moto and i all i want is to fix these problems...if anyone can help me plz do not hesitate!!!!
I'd like to say a big Thanks! from now....
Waiting patiently for your response....!
gayoe
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:04:44 am »

you cannot use any langpack that based from other base firmware, such as you're using R372 langpack on R373. the strings won't match.

have you got fullbackup in shx of your previous firmware?
if not, you have to look for default Greek lang on R373.
payne
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 01:29:11 am »

ok..so if i understood correctly the strings are those who do the correct matching between difeerent languages in the moto...the problem is that i tried to find a R373 firmware with Lp0031 or at least a LP that contains the Greek language but i can't find it anywhere on the net...as i have said i didn't do a fullbackup of my stock original firmware..if you please can give me a link to a mp(or firm or even the greek.lng extracted from a R373 base firmware) i would be really greatfull cause.....i need it!!

and smthg else...is there a way to correct somehow the strings on my own?cause as i can see there is no possibility of finding the greek lang R373 for my moto :-(
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 01:58:22 am by payne » Logged
Jay Chou
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 10:15:43 am »

Here ya go payne,
http://www.e398mod.com/content/view/466/63/
LP0031 for you, and if it still doesn't match or doesn't have Greek lang,
Search the other lang packs in e398mod.com by Phil aka Exploited
Credit goes to him Wink
Hope this helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: