Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 30, 2024, 06:46:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROKR E1 SMS modification  (Read 3679 times)
dtoolbox
« on: December 21, 2007, 10:23:07 am »

first of all would like to say hello and greet everybody a happy holidays.

I'm a Satisfied owner of ROKR E1 for more than 2yrs now even though i already have my|phone unit i still love using this as my primary phone. But the only thing i dont like with this phone is the sms feature. If possible can some point me to right track on doing this:

1. Modify the phone default sms saves in transflash so it can received unlimited messages.

2. I like to send or forward a received sms came from other phone like nokia which these phones recognize it as 1 message, but on rokr e1 will send it as 2 messages or sometime 3 messages.
NiKSY
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 10:20:11 am »

1) Cant be done, and its kinda stupid because you can always remove your TF and loose it or something like that... Not a great idea, but using more phones memory would be enough. If you use elektro mod you can get up to 178 INBOX sms`
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 05:14:38 pm »

Yeh kinda sucks, But it can be done on V3x with the Cor3 Firmware,
But E398 AFAIK uses the seems to Store the data in not a file
nalimen
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 07:12:36 am »

1. Modify the phone default sms saves in transflash so it can received unlimited messages.

2. I like to send or forward a received sms came from other phone like nokia which these phones recognize it as 1 message, but on rokr e1 will send it as 2 messages or sometime 3 messages.

for qst no 1 :
There's nothing in this world are unlimited, use sms back up.

for qst no 2 ::
In some ways, it look likes it is one message, but it still sended in 2 or 3 message, it'll cost you the same if you send same sms even if u use Nukiyem, i think moto have benefit in this case, moto gave us a warn before we send a message if it'll send on 2 pages or more.On Nukiyem, we wont find that, we only found an info that it consist of 2 pages or more, or even we wont get a think.
prasasti
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 11:42:33 am »

1. Use MPT if u want to store unlimited messege, it can send and receive too with ur phone connected.
2. Some symbols makes our phone detect a messege more than 1 page, dunno why.
motomaniacs
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 11:47:09 am »

2. yes because when you forward the sms... the character from the original message is counted too
NiKSY
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 01:22:35 pm »

I didnt quite understand what you said, but when you send 3 pages, receiver gets it all like one message Wink I tested that, trust me Wink Cheesy
3sixthy
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 05:46:27 pm »

yeah of course the recipient receive it all like one msg....(for HP taht has more than 700 char.)...
take alook in old HP....The sms will be received separatedly if the char. of sms in the phone less then the sms that its receive....
------------
motomaniacs is right...
it's for nu symbol such as 1/2,1/3 etc.... the char. from the original msg is counted too..
so that u got 2 msg if u used taht nu symbol....
u got me?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting