Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
April 29, 2024, 04:12:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice: which firmware should I load for this purpose?  (Read 8994 times)
rivviepop
« on: November 04, 2007, 01:37:18 pm »

hola all - I've been out of the Moto modding scene for awhile so haven't been keeping up on all the happenings. I have an E2 I purchased in Hong Kong last year that I've loaded different firmwares on, but never really used. I would like to load a stable, functional firmware onto the E2 now and give the phone to a friend who will *not* mess with it at all.

Which firmware should I load for:

- English Smiley
- all basic functions working correctly (SMS, MMS, Camera, etc.)
- for use on AT&T USA (aka Cungular USA), 850 already enabled (or I can enable post-install)
- AT&T Websessions file
- no constant hacks needed (i.e. no "thing" that needs re-done every time you reboot the phone)

As mentioned, the person I want to give it to is a phone *user*, not a phone nerd or hacker. I want to give it to her as a good, working phone to replace her piece of shit she's using (and calling me on, it sounds awful). The E2 hardware is a good phone for her (she used to use my E398 before actually breaking it in half, oops!) now all I need is good software to go with it for my friend.

Thanks!
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 02:15:27 pm »

ROKR Ultimate, but you need to setup the AT&T websession yourself. Quadband enabled of course. Wink I suggest this because this was the best MP with great stability and looking nice.

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

rivviepop
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 06:43:03 pm »

ROKR Ultimate, but you need to setup the AT&T websession yourself. Quadband enabled of course. Wink I suggest this because this was the best MP with great stability and looking nice.

awesome, thanks. just so I'm sure what you mean 100%, this is the (only?) Ultimate firmware that you refer to:

R564_G_12.01.48P ROKR Ultimate
http://www.e2mod.com/content/view/197/26/

Anyone have a AT&T/Cingular web session they'd like to donate to my cause? (call me lazy, I don't care Smiley )
error398
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 07:19:28 pm »

yeahh ROKR Ultimate is better for HER..
Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 01:12:08 am »

not much American here.....so we might not be able to help with web session setting.....after you flash to Ultimate,you might want to overclock the phone using APMD changer.....
jsdlzj
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:24:43 am »

ROKR Ultimate.....if you want music then K4RE
konspirasi
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:53:09 am »

yeah ULTIMATE is the first firmware i've ever flashed ^^
but now i'm using K4RE for better sound in music ^^
its up to you bro
huatz84
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 08:38:44 am »

Only You v3...It's fast and stable....The best MP I've ever used for now.
rivviepop
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 10:07:01 am »

Only You v3...It's fast and stable....The best MP I've ever used for now.

honest question - why do you say Only You v3 instead of Ultimate? Is there something you like about Only You better?

(thanks for all the replies, everyone)
huatz84
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 10:21:58 am »

Coz it's the fastest MP among others that use Kaledoiscope patch.Ultimate is stable enough but slow perfomance.I've tested some monsterpacks and I dare to say that I'll give Only You v3 the number one rank...
rivviepop
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 10:27:39 am »

Coz it's the fastest MP among others that use Kaledoiscope patch.Ultimate is stable enough but slow perfomance.I've tested some monsterpacks and I dare to say that I'll give Only You v3 the number one rank...

OK, cool - so being faster, is it still just as stable in your opinion? are there any glitches you're aware of? remember who my target audience is here, this person doesn't mess with phones like we do; so everything has to "just work" without much craziness. she's nerdy, but not that nerdy. Smiley
huatz84
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 10:31:18 am »

If U mean that U need a simple one,U can consider Rokr Ultimate...Coz sometimes Kaledoiscope patch makes someone confused.
error398
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 06:18:46 pm »

Only You V3,K4RE,and Self V2 is for advance user.. so if u just wanna give to whom is noobie.. better use ROKR Ultimate..
konspirasi
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 09:28:30 pm »

Yup ultimate is the answer for most stable n simple.
But you might consider latest stock f/w for her cos there is no add-on apps or mpkg  at all and that makes more simple Smiley
Panchoo
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 11:35:08 pm »

Ultimate is a gr8 choice, but if she is not in to modding and MPKGs, then u can use something else.
Also the only glitch is 'master clear' and 'master reset' dont work that well on most or all 48P fw.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting