• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

December 11, 2019, 05:05:14 PM

News:

The forum is inactive. Check our Facebook page

[TURORIAL] HOW TO INSTALL SKINS USING SKIN MANAGER

Started by Jithin, September 17, 2007, 09:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmfulton89

I downloaded the P2K drivers.. but how do I actually USE them or install or whatever...

I'm sorry for all the questions but I just recently got my phone and know nothing about modding my phone.

ferdie_ferds

question, what's the mma file for?? will the skin work even if i don't upload the mma file??

Jithin

Quote from: ferdie_ferds on March 09, 2008, 05:46:12 PM
question, what's the mma file for?? will the skin work even if i don't upload the mma file??

mma_ucp file (found in /a/mobile/system) specifies the menu arrangement of the skin (1.phonebook,2.Dial services.. etc).. Even if you didn't upload the mma file,there will always be a default mma_ucp file and the menu will be displayed according to that.. mma independent skin will work fine with any mma file,but some other mma dependent skins wont work as expected without the specific file..

ferdie_ferds

ok. thanks. is your SE_Black skin mma dependent?

Jithin

rheezz

do skiman able to upload mma_ucp for some dependent skin to each of skins directory? so it will be located in c/mobile/skin/iField/
not in
a/mobile/system/
Thanks before!

are_goenk

As far as I know it can`t.
You can use P2K Tools to copy dependent mma_ucp to each skin folder :)

rheezz

Yes, I see...
I ask it because nowaday after the discovery of mma patch
I should do that way
First: Install skin
Second: Upload mma_ucp
Thanks anyway

iPhonk Inc

hey, Bros...
Why did if I want to install skins there are some dat files which can not be installed???
Example: if there are 10 dat files (dat1, dat2, dat3, ....), only 3 or 5 which can be installed..
Thanks,
my Life must be goin' on..! visit my weblog Ora Mutu

dr_07

hi i had downloaded skin manger, but it doesn't detect my phone. i m using motorola slvr l7. pls reply.

Jithin