Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 15, 2024, 12:14:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: flashing white screen nightmare  (Read 5901 times)
mindbridge
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:22:52 am »

I need help from the masters.  Newbie here.  I've been using Motohell MP for quite some time now.  I thought of trying Tragedy.   After flashing, my phone turns on again showing the first pic (star with "satan inside") it was followed by a white screen that turns on and off.   I tried to restore it using Flashbackup 2.62 with my PDS Backup and Full Backup many times but still the same flashing white screen or it just stops at either sending loader or erasing memory.   Eventually in boot loader screen display the "Battery low cannot program" started to blink.....  I still continued and now my battery is dead.....

By the way at one time while restoring I also saw in Boot loader the message "MEM_MAP empty service required"...Huh??  That was for one time only.

Help masters please.....this white screen has been my nightmare!!...and now my two batteries are down....
NiKSY
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:22:29 am »

Are you using ELFs? Replace the eflloader.lib with a new one provided by the MP creator Wink
balcksheep
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:37:12 am »

try forced boot, this is a easy repair, so u can install other mp... first full charge your battery (u need charge in other phone)
MarkoP
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 10:42:27 am »

hold up a second
@mindbridge,is your phone dead? or u can flash it but it always blinks and restarts??
tegezan
Indonesian
Global Moderator
PHD modder

.:MotoRokr:.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 02:06:30 pm »

@mindbridge,is your phone dead? or u can flash it but it always blinks and restarts??
  Yeah, if U'r phone now just restarts n blinks try to put off U'r TF and press on.. if it work,the problem is on elf like Niksy said.. but if U'r phone now can't flash, try forceboot.. CMIIW

Indonesian Motousers Community
mindbridge
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 06:38:43 am »

Are you using ELFs? Replace the eflloader.lib with a new one provided by the MP creator Wink

@NikSY : I guess the ELF came with Motohell MP if I'm not mistaken.  I'm very new so I will try to read more about this elfloader.lib you mentioned.  I hope its in the MP because if its in the phone then it will have to wait.  I don't think I can do anything for now until I get a new charger for my batteries.  I plugged my phone the whole day hoping it will charge.  Its still not turning on so I'm still stuck as of today.  Thank you for the reply!
mindbridge
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:43:42 am »

try forced boot, this is a easy repair, so u can install other mp... first full charge your battery (u need charge in other phone)

Thanks @blacksheep!  I'm looking for a battery charger now.  I'll first read on about forceboot.  This is the one when I have to short pins 4 & 5 then put the battery right?  You're right, first I need a working battery..If only there is any way that I can fix this without a charged battery...but I guess not.
mindbridge
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 06:55:03 am »

hold up a second

I was able to flash it a number of times because I can still put it into boot loader by pressing *+#+RED whenever the white screen turns off.  But there was a time when I saw the "MEM_MAP empty service required" blinking on the boot loader screen.  I still continued to try to restore my backup files with Flashbackup even with this message.  Still the same blinking white screen after restoring.

I was trying to restore so many times until it says "battery low cannot program" blinks.   Inspite of this I still restored my backups again.  But the same thing happened after it is completed.  When it opens, still the same white blinking screen....until the battery totally died and I cannot use the *+#+RED anymore.

There was also a few times when it is not in boot loader screen.  The screen is blank but the PC recognizes the phone so I also tried to restore my backups.  Still the same result after it still completed.

Now I can't even turn it on anymore
mindbridge
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 06:59:31 am »

Yeah, if U'r phone now just restarts n blinks try to put off U'r TF and press on.. if it work,the problem is on elf like Niksy said.. but if U'r phone now can't flash, try forceboot.. CMIIW

Thanks @tegezan and MarKop for the reply!  I already took out my TF and restored still the same...any more suggestions?
juklitinov
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 07:10:07 am »

Owh, my friend had same problem too. No boot loader. here that we
do
1.conect phone to fb2.62, if PC say connected,restore your BL.
2.Make sure your batt fully charged. (Although phone say low batt and service required) Than, Restore your R372 fb2.62's fullbackup.
If u get ur phone alive, u can flash with R373 MP again.
NiKSY
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 10:26:34 am »

Who said he doesnt have bootloader??

Have you tried accesing the bootloader and flashing other MP? OR tried force-bootloader
mindbridge
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 10:50:50 am »

Finally I was able to find a desktop charger.  The kind that you clip and align the two probes to the battery +&- pins.  It's the only thing available here now.

I put my fully charged battery back but I ended up with a blank screen.  I tried to turn it on.  No response.  I tried *+#+RED, no response.

I connected it to the PC using data cable.   The PC recognised it even with a blank screen.

I restored my backup files using Flashbackup in this order :
   1st - bootloader back-up, I got my bootloader screen.
   2nd - PDS backup, I got "MEM_MAP empty Service req'd"
   3rd - Full backup

My phone is back and alive again!

I realised that the cause of the failed restoration attempts I did last time was because the batteries didn't have enough power.  I hope this experience will help other newbies too.

To all those who responded,  thank you very much for your help!!!
NiKSY
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 11:15:56 am »

Glad youre back with us! Keep on rocking in the free world!
mindbridge
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 04:19:45 pm »

@NiKSY:  Thanks man but wait there's more!

Earlier I put my TF back to my phone.  When I restarted it, I again got this blank white screen after the startup image of MotoHell.   I took it out and its back to normal.   So I guess my TF is the one causing the problem.  Could this be the elfloader.lib that you mentioned before?  Does that mean that I have to find a way to replace this file from this TF using another card reader since I cannot start my phone properly if it is there?  Will this help or this means my TF is now broken?

Now I am guessing and I need the confirmation of our masters here.   That this Elf files must be erased from the TF first when flashing to a new MP.  Judging from my experience  when I flashed Tragedy v2 to replace Motohell MP it started this blinking white screen problem.  Is this really necessary just to make sure there will be no conflict with the new MP?

Sorry if I ask too many questions, I hope the masters here still have patience to answer. 
juklitinov
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 06:25:30 pm »

Glad to hear ur phone back alive.
As I say, restore ur BL is needed.
Yes, u need to delete elfloader.lib and may be the lib.o. Than replace from MP's folder or from MP makers.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting