Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 15, 2024, 04:38:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modded E398 has died, need help reviving **URGENT**  (Read 6013 times)
SkyPioneer
« on: April 04, 2008, 02:50:46 am »

Thank you for paying attention to this thread, this is an urgent problem.
I previously had the Speed ituneS monster pack (see this link http://www.e398mod.com/content/view/134/30/) and I eventually got fed up with it, so I used Flash Backup to make Full backup, PDS backup and bootloader backup and then I flashed it with Revolution Grand Finale (see this link http://www.e398mod.com/content/view/516/30/).
As it was going to take alot of time I went downstairs and had dinner. When I got backup, I saw my phone off (which is normal, right) and Flash Backup idle.
So I tried turning on my phone and, unluckily for me, it only made a short vibration and did not respond at all. So then I read Survival and Revival (see this link http://www.e398mod.com/content/view/11/25/) and i tried pushing in the pins and inserting the battery with no luck, I just got the same vibration response.

The battery was fully charged before I tried this, there was a MicroSD card in there as well.
Please, even if you have no idea, at least voice your two cents as to what I should do.
Karma for the first person to get me a working fix.
motomaniacs
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:08:04 am »

okay
you can choose 2 way to get in to bootloader
1. ForceBoot
pull out your battery .... press n hold * # .... the slide the battery in

2. sortpin

SkyPioneer
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 03:17:47 am »

Thanks alot mate!
Thank you so much! The first method you suggested got my phone into bootloader, although I had already tried the second one... Thank you! Also, please leave this topic open so that other people can contribute also, incase someone else has a similar problem.
The E398 is truly the phone that never dies.

Err... now how the heck can i give karma? And if I can't, could someone else do it instead?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 03:20:08 am by SkyPioneer » Logged
motomaniacs
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 03:32:40 am »

just click on praise button under my id

congratz bro.... glad i can help you
SkyPioneer
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 04:12:39 am »

Oooh boy... looks like I've gotten myself into a jam AGAIN... Sad
I have found the problem, it was in the new MP. I tried to install it but my phone messed up again and the method that I tried before (holding the * and # and replacing the battery) does not work!
I'm sorry, it was my bad... can you help me though?
motomaniacs
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 04:33:09 am »

usually it doesnt came up with a single try

just try and try

btw what happen with the MP???
SkyPioneer
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 04:51:12 am »

Well, I used Flash Backup and selected Flasher as usual and I left my phone for a while. When I came back, it was off and I couldn't turn it on, so there fore there was no way for me to see if it had installed correctly even though that I doubt it did. So I will try and retry, I will see what will happen. Thanks.
motomaniacs
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 05:57:55 am »

okay
SkyPioneer
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 06:01:04 am »

Here's an update: It looks like Flash Backup failed to install it properly in the first place now that I look at it. Could this relate to a way to fix up my phone?
motomaniacs
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 06:02:31 am »

try another MP or another flashbackup or another flasher program...
try FB 2.62
SkyPioneer
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 03:50:28 pm »

Just another note, I got my phone alive again by using the 4 pin method (which strangely didn't work the first time...)

Thanks alot!
MarkoP
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 01:12:16 am »

it didn't work because it's very hard to short those pins correctly... u have to try many times... and sometimes the phone goes to BL but the screen is completelly blank... And which MP have u flashed? The phone is working properly? Or?
and another note: always use flash program that is recommended for some MP...
motomaniacs
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 02:20:39 am »

Just another note, I got my phone alive again by using the 4 pin method (which strangely didn't work the first time...)

Thanks alot!

congratz man
SkyPioneer
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 04:23:57 am »

Another problem.
Now that I have restored my Moto, I am installing another MP but it is stuck on "Extracting code groups" and my phones screen is white.
It has been like this for two hours now. Here is a screenshot:

Any help? I should disconnect it, right? But then what?
gayoe
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 05:28:25 am »

try flashing with FB 3.06 or RSD Lite
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting