Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 07, 2024, 08:06:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: computer doesnt see the phone via stock usb cable  (Read 2458 times)
jacks
« on: February 02, 2009, 11:28:09 pm »

So I just picked up a used E1 a few days ago, the day I got it I loaded it up with some music from itunes and everything was fine. Now today I plug in my phone and the message pops up: connected as storage... but the computer does not see the phone. If i refresh device manager it doesn't pop up, I have also tried in my laptop and no I am having no luck. The cable is fitting snug in the bottom of the phone, the phone is in memory card mode under the usb setting, and changing it to modem doesn't yield any different results. Yesterday I entered the PUK number in the phone from ATT. that is the only thing I have changed, its still running the stock firmware. And If I boot into the boot loader the computer still doesn't see it.
So is the cable bad?!? Is there a setting somewhere I overlooked? OR SOMETHING TO TRY?
thanks!
jacks
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:41:08 pm »

is the message that says 'connected as storage device' susposto stay on the screen when you plug in the phone? OR does it go away? on my phone it goes away right after I plug it in, and I cant remember if it did that when it used to work.
balcksheep
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 07:46:59 pm »

Format your SD...
farkzlay
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:32:04 pm »

is the message that says 'connected as storage device' susposto stay on the screen when you plug in the phone? OR does it go away? on my phone it goes away right after I plug it in, and I cant remember if it did that when it used to work.

that message should be go away Wink

hmm, i think you should try to format ur memory then try again. if ur problem exist, i think the problem is from your cable.
argetlam
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 05:45:41 am »

try using card reader first.if computer can read Ur card, try to read it from ur phone with other cable data than known working well. if computer still cant read it, check Ur phone connector, also check the inner part of the connector, using ohmmeter would be fine. is can be caused from Ur cable, connector or Ur card.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting