Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 02, 2024, 10:03:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moding E398  (Read 2715 times)
luizfv
« on: January 20, 2008, 05:29:32 am »

hello all

I'm not familiar with phone mods. I'm a owner of a E398.

There are many things that i should look for before modding correct? i found that i must check versions of the flash (flex correct?) and bands that the company I'm currently with uses...

so my question is about MP's. i understand that they change the whole look of the phone... but does that change also include this flash version? and these changes do the affect how will i use my operating company?

the guides are quite unclear about how do we choose these MPs and if there are any prerequisites... can someone help me here?

thank you
nalimen
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 12:40:26 pm »

if i'm not wrong, flashing with chossing all CG(code groups) will change entire software inside your phone, include the engine.

keep browsing at this forum, read all think which interest you, ask all what you don't understand (but do search first before asking, to avoid double thread), i guess, you'll understand about modding by your self.

as some info MP (flash files) are including some Code Groups:
1. Firmware (the engine, CG1)
2. Flex (include all files such as, skins, ring, picture, and all file which operate your phone, CG2)
3. DSP Firmware  (file connected to the FW, CG3)
4. Lang pack (include what language you use, CG4)
5. Unknown (CG7)
6. DRM (include the files battry, signal, and all other icons, CG15)
7. Digital Sign (connected to CG1/ Firmware too, CG18)

you can flashing just some CG, but if you want to flash CG1, you had to include CG3, 7, 18. other else , you can flash it all, or flash it separately.

what you meant by operating company and flash version (the flex or FW)??

how to choose your MP, just make sure the MP is suits your phone (e398, ROKRe1, or any other), rest, is up to you.

sorry if i do any mistakes, for some body else, please correct me if i wrong, and sory if i didn't give much info.
luizfv
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 03:16:50 pm »

ok now i get the idea of the MP

what i meant about operating company is the company that i pay to use the service (im not so sure how to say the name in English)
so i can use any MP and it will work with the operator?

Sadly all the guides i've been reading are too unclear or im not understanding... ok some give step by step but barely any explanation in what to choose. really, all the guides say "do this this this and this" but how do i know thats what i need or want? for a complete newbie on the topic of this flashing the guides are quite complex. and im quite phone illiterate!

btw thanks for your reply nalimen
prasasti
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 04:26:05 pm »

I called it Network Operator, and any operator should work after Flash an MP.

About choosing MP, read the description or ReadMe file for a start. If u like it, flash it. And if u dont, so dont flash it. But u can always mod the MP if u want to add or remove the feature. And always do a safe mod with full backup.
nalimen
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 01:27:43 pm »

@luizfv: r u Indonesian??did you mean by operating company such as, Telkomsel, Indoseat, XL, some kind like that??if that so, it's right what prasasti's said, we said that by network operator, if not, does it meant like a company where we rapairing our phone??sorry, but i  still confuse about this one.

if what you meant by operating company is network operator, Mp was completely separated with this ones, you can chose any MP without considering what network operator you've been use.

if you want to know what thing which suits with what you want, you have to learn much abbout MP first, we all here same as you at the beginning, we all not be an xpert instantly, so all suggest i can say is just, keep learning dude.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting