Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 20, 2024, 05:13:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: e398 can hear music from the music site online or not  (Read 4484 times)
nguyenthehung21
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:20:59 am »

I use opera mini to surf the web but unfortunately do not hear the music from this page ... (the prices have also error) .. has anyone in the success you have not
NiKSY
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 02:47:58 am »

Streaming music? Its far too much for E398's processor to handle with Opera Mini... And.. GPRS is much too slow,too..

I dont know if Opera Mini supports it on any phone :S
nguyenthehung21
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 02:55:41 am »

this has not been heard
nickxxxaz
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 09:57:37 am »

i thing opmin doesn't support streaming both audio or video
JEMAU MANAK
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 08:22:02 am »

Streaming music? Its far too much for E398's processor to handle with Opera Mini... And.. GPRS is much too slow,too..

i think you're right NiKSY..
menderin
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 05:28:58 am »

You can use Java based web radio streamers as mWebPlayer. Low bitrate channels are lisenable but still jumpy.

But E398 connected to PC as modem you can stream music up to 40 kbps. I used to lisen radio throgh WinAMP. It worked fine.
JEMAU MANAK
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 05:48:28 am »

really, looks so interesting, can you help explain us how to set up
kakashi
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 12:48:17 am »

You can use Java based web radio streamers as mWebPlayer. Low bitrate channels are lisenable but still jumpy.

But E398 connected to PC as modem you can stream music up to 40 kbps. I used to lisen radio throgh WinAMP. It worked fine.

sir... is that real, great, please explain us, sir
menderin
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 01:35:09 pm »

You can get mWebPlayer here

http://www.getjar.com/products/7507/mWebPlayer

You can also try other Java based web radio players.

Connecting to PC. Start Motorola PhoneTools. Connect with Bluetooth or USB (no difference in Internet speed). Click Connect Internet. Select your operator. If it is not there then select other. (I used to have older version of MPT and my carrier was not in the list. I just typed the connection name and APN: internet. Left other fields as they were.)

New network connection is created. You might want to have connection shortcut on your desktop. Just make a right click on your connection and click Create Shortcut on Desktop in Internet Connections window.

Good thing about the shotcut is that it won't launch the MPT, but simply connects with to mobile Internet.

So after the doubleclick on the connection icon, your phone starts to act as modem and transfers GPRS connection into your PC. The Internet speed is slow, but it's there.  You can use MSN, browse web, lisen low bitrate radio, manage your e-mail etc.

Be sure to check your data plan, because GPRS usually costs. My carrer has day tickets (I pay a little money and I can use unlimited amount of megabaits for 12 hours), there are also unlimited usage with monthly fee. Without day ticket I pay per megabait and it is quite expencive.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 01:37:31 pm by menderin » Logged
JEMAU MANAK
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 01:46:55 pm »

thank you for explanation
++ for you bro
nguyenthehung21
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 01:35:30 am »

thank you .... but to hear e398 radio must be connected to pc ...
menderin
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 05:21:27 am »

To lisen with Java apps, no PC is needed.

Just start  the app, select your station, the phone will buffer and start streaming. Music plays through phones speakers or headset.

But the playback is jumpy because, the phone loads a clip and then plays it. While playing back it loads another clip. So depending on GPRS speed and the bitrate of the station there is a small cap. It is like changing songs in audio player.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting