Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 02, 2024, 10:37:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using Vista?  (Read 12323 times)
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 12:44:36 am »

More words for WinFS - this file system was supposed to be implemented in Vista, but those plans were canceled in June 2006. The reason is that it was still under development (as far as I know it is not finished yet too). For more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinFS

Yes it's sad, because it is really good file system by specifications. We will not see it in 2008 server too (which is again very sad), but maybe in further versions (in 2010 or so)... Good things happens slow Smiley

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 05:03:34 am »

Previous versions of Windows Vista were codenamed Longhorn till they moved it on the server,
Also I said Microsoft, I didn't mean any Unix based OS, Linux can be user freindly depending on what distro you get though some hardware is limited, Mac OS X has silent crashes,

Microsoft DOS is the best as it can do any thing to itself, you can rename system files copy them out and pretty much recover an enire system with it, In the GUI (Windows) you can't, Your unable to do in Mac as the ROOT has been buried so deep you'll be lucky to get it back, But Windows does have VERY bad memory management and even with their new core in Vista still fails on it, If Windows XP is "worse" then Vista why are MS Still sending out updates and programs for it...Vista is still a young OS

But meh, It's just my opinion personally I refuse to switch to Vista purely on the basis is it adds nothing new and more complications, If I were to switch OS it would be over to Linux (FreeSpire) Where bug fixes are as fast (if not faster) then MS
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 10:21:04 pm »

"MSDOS" - history from the early 90s, outdated, totally unsecure, 16bit, etc etc - dead

"In the GUI (Windows) you can't" - tell me which file I cannot replace/mod for example? I bet I can hack any Smiley

"If Windows XP is "worse" then Vista why are MS Still sending out updates and programs for it..." - because if you pay for a product you expect it to be secure. They cannot just forget about their old customers.

"Linux" - true and false. Linux is pretty good, because it is free (quality vs price combination is perfect here). However it has many problems with bugs and this is coming from the design of the project itself. Looking at FreeBSD (and all BSD-like systems) is another story... However we are discussing Vista in this thread... Still holding my words that it's the best OS on the market (if you do not watch the price tag)

pizzadox619
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 09:31:55 am »

1. can i flash e1 & e2 via vista?
2. Does vista support the motorola driver?

my FD corrupted when i was opening that.
corrupt after i aggree to repair that (vista ask me) ~_~
So i must format again
sjj
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 08:29:56 pm »

I bought vista so that I can play with DX10...
http://rokr.buildmy.ws/blog/?p=63
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 12:36:19 am »

Pizzadox619:
1. Yes
2. Yes

pizzadox619
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2008, 02:01:36 am »

Just flashed my E1 (FB3) and E2 (RSD)

no problem Cheesy

i don't know why people still keep XP.
XP+VTP  vs  Vista SP1
NiKSY
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 02:13:19 am »

Ive been using XP for 6 years now...Reinstalled it only once due to a change of my HDD Smiley It works pretty good, I optimised it as good as I knew... My P3 couldnt handle Vista... I tried Longhorn once..was still far beta...ehehe it worked but lagged... When I get my PC Im going for ubuntu and $crew micro$oft...
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 02:49:14 am »

I used Vista for about 3 months and said good bye.. Couldn't find a reason why I should keep it.. Now I'm pretty much satisfied with the new XP vortex v2 2008 Smiley (The free 'genuine' XP Smiley )...

Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2008, 04:29:37 am »

I recently formated my hard drive and installed WindowsXP x64... Know what - my comp was fast with Vista, but now it is ... AMAZINGLY FAST Smiley

farkzlay
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 05:47:30 pm »

i dont like vista...hav no time to synchronize with my taste
error398
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 08:17:19 pm »

for the comparision.. vista is 10x good than xp, but its not compatible yet.. must wait 2 or 3 years for the stability.. same as Windows Xp.. since it release, no body use it becoz not suitable.. but after 2 or 3 years.. its working well..
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 10:04:38 am »

what I say is - it's the same + more extras that I do not use... The problem is that my comp is very slower with Vista - I am with C2D 2.1Ghz with 4GB RAM and vista is not very fast OS on it

MarkoP
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 12:19:27 pm »

I'll just show u guys this

now,really I think vista is peace of c**p,it only looks nice and it's litlle faster then XP... but still it's gonna take a lot time before vista take over XP's space... to then,we'll enjoy in XP  Cool
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:23:30 pm by MarkoP » Logged
pizzadox619
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 12:07:28 am »

check my desktop too at other thread Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting