Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 05, 2024, 09:09:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying an [E6] so any tips?  (Read 3508 times)
buster_merryfield
« on: March 06, 2009, 06:42:23 pm »

Hi all, im planing to buy a E6 next week... And im really new to this part of moding... I have an E398 so i know how some stuff work with moding...
Anyhow... Does anyone has a hardware specification of E6... Like what procesor it uses and such stuff?
And can u recomend some good MP for beginers? Or a topic for a guide for editing and stuff...

TNX!

Milan
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 06:46:56 pm by buster_merryfield » Logged
huatz84
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 07:20:03 pm »

You'll get a different method of modding as E6 is an ezx platform.I think E6 has a 312mhz Intel processors.For the MP,just search in Motorolafans.You'll have so much MP to choose.And I think the hottest MP at the moment is the Workingman series.Smiley
buster_merryfield
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 05:22:59 am »

Thanks for that website, it will help alot! Just one more question... Im not shure if im gonna get a pen with that phone... Whats the deal with it? Can i use anything that has similar shape, or that pen is specific? I know i can use it without it, but i heard that writing of messages is little bit dificult without it... .... ... Sooo... Cheesy

ThX

Milan
buster_merryfield
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 01:19:42 am »

Ok that was a stupid quesiton, i thought that pen is something like an optional thingy Cheesy
I buyed it yesterday and im so thrilled! Phone is exelent! Writing recognition is fast and precise, 3.5mm jack is a big plus! All in all everything on this phone is just great, AND u can modd it Cheesy What can u want more? Cheesy Some time is needed for adjusting yourself to touchscreen sms writing but... Its not such a big problem, after one day i type much faster... Sooooooo.......
Smiley
Conclusion.. Phone is great! Smiley
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:35:42 am »

congratulation then... Smiley Happy modding Cheesy

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

tegezan
Indonesian
Global Moderator
PHD modder

.:MotoRokr:.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 01:42:57 am »

Congratz mate! How much it cost now?
Happy modding!

Indonesian Motousers Community
buster_merryfield
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 04:16:17 am »

i buyed it used (12 months old) it was 80 euros.

TNX Smiley

One newb question... Whats the thingy with the background... I set it... And i see it... And then when i click on it, it shows up in fullscreen, like some kind of screensaver or something Smiley
buster_merryfield
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 03:44:23 am »

i cannot connect me E6 to MotorolaPhoneTools... Dunno why... I connected me E398 easy, made a backup of my data, now i want to connect E6 and restore there... But it says i need to update MPT, i did... Same thing... I have some 4.** version up to date... is there a version 5? Or there is something i missed...

My phone is still a "virgin"... Not moded...
abokamel
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 03:42:16 pm »

buster_merryfield, you should use the MPT version that came with your phone, also be sure that you select connection type 'Modem'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting