Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 05, 2024, 03:02:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using Vista?  (Read 12332 times)
GeozTsai
« on: November 16, 2007, 08:28:21 am »

Anyone using Vista?

Post what you feel about it
(vista sucks at modding, but think something about modding...)
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 03:33:37 am »

I've used the beta version.. But my PC is too "small" to handle it.. Smiley
Now I'm satisfied with the vista transformation pack..lol Smiley

sjj
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 03:58:50 am »

Don't use Vista, don't fall into the trap!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 08:38:14 pm by sjj » Logged
EOG
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 05:42:41 am »

It's really good system(in my opinion) but to see this you have to have at least 2GB of RAM core 2 duo and middle class video card. then you will see it's briliance, the ease of finding things and visual effect.

DO NOT USE WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC(its XP in other skin) do not use Home premium most of functions are delated. I was using Ultimate version fo vista and i was really glad of it.

other advantages are DX10, Full MS support, auto drivers finding. so if you have really good comp use vista not xp
GeozTsai
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 06:00:27 am »

I think Vista is quite good when you use it on a gerat computer...
(I'm using ultimate built 6000 "cracked")
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 12:24:58 pm »

I am using Vista x64 Ultimate and I am very satisfied with it... I am not using any special skin - I made it look and feel like Windows 98 - it's lightning fast that way Smiley

EOG
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 03:48:53 pm »

(I'm using ultimate built 6000 "cracked")
plz do not advertise piracy it's a crim to advertise it and use it
GeozTsai
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 04:55:39 pm »

I mean "cracked"
By "IT developer test"  full version Grin
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 12:38:53 am »

Vista is good operating system. If you are knowledgable enough to stop all not-needed services, to disable all useless visual effects and to configure the security policies in more convenient for the user level way - then you will have a very secure and stable OS, which is fast enough. I do not understand the people who say "It takes a lot of ram and it's slow" - that's not true if you know how to configure it...

Just an example: if you install a FreeBSD web server and you perform FULL installation of all 16000 ports and start all daemons - how do you think that server will perform? It will be deadly slow, buggy, laggy, most probably you will need tons of additional ram and etc. So what do you do instead? The answer is - you install only the software and daemons which you are going to use and nothing else...

So for the people who think that Vista is slow and eats your RAM - just try to disable all features that you are not using and see what will happen... you will be surpised Smiley

pizzadox619
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 03:33:57 am »

I'm using vista sometimes (3os on my PC Cheesy)

It's great but Flash Player doesn't support it Sad
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 08:27:17 am »

I'm using vista sometimes (3os on my PC Cheesy)

It's great but Flash Player doesn't support it Sad

Another wrong thing - you do have both 32bit and 64bit browsers. The 32 bit browser do support flash. Over the top you can install Firefox which will run Flash with no problem.

Currently I am browsing only with the 64bit browser, because most of the spyware and viruses do not affect it. I am only using the 32bit browser when I need flash on safe sites Smiley

motomaniacs
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 02:55:10 am »

i'm using vista ultimate but so confuse telnet e680i Huh?
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 05:06:57 pm »

other advantages are DX10, Full MS support, auto drivers finding. so if you have really good comp use vista not xp
DX10 is being backward engineered Wink

Things I hate about Vista;
HHD Indexing, No need to do this reason they did it was to "copy" Mac OS X
UAC, As standard it's extremly annoying
DWM, the new window overlay can eat away at resources like no ones business
No new FS, MS said they made a new File system for the new OS that was scrapped just like the previous version of "Longhorn"
Stability is still an Issue and Drivers still have their problems now and then
The price tag...I don't wanna pay a few hundred for an OS and even more for the hardware just to run it
Even a few MS Engineers have said Vista isn't great

Things I like about Vista;
Looks nice

Best use for Vista....Use the CD as a Coaster

All in all the best OS MS ever made was MS-DOS
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 10:27:36 pm »

avatar_43 - you are maybe right that some of the things that you mentioned are annoying and useless. What you are missing as a point is that they can be disabled and you are back at the XP level... I am still holding my word - XP is not better than Vista, Vista is just an upgrade of more functions over XP.

EOG
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 04:14:10 pm »

Quote from: Exploited
XP is not better than Vista, Vista is just an upgrade of more functions over XP

I totaly agree

Quote from: avatar_43
HD Indexing

You can turn it of if you like

No need to do this reason they did it was to "copy" Mac OS X

I think fast searching using HDD indexing is much more confortable than w8ing till the system finds something. Thats the reason why they applyed it in to their system

File system for the new OS that was scrapped just like the previous version of "Longhorn"

Longhorn was the prototype name of Vista. The only reason why Vista is not calling Longhorn is that sb registered this name before Microsoft

Stability is still an Issue and Drivers

Drivers is always the problem for whole new system. And if you have orginal Vista the updates ale VERY often so there is no problem with stability.

Even a few MS Engineers have said Vista isn't great

Actually thay sait that vista has no use(for peeps that knows what comp can do) unless you have Ultimate edition.

All in all the best OS MS ever made was MS-DOS

So why we are not using Linux or Mac? Ohh... I forgot: Linux: No good programme for graphic Lots of programmes not in native language Problems with uprating(fiding; instaling) Long time of instal updates If you do not know what are you doing with your sestem you can crasch it easly and lose all data Even office has less functions(than MS Office) and is harder to use The only use I found in linux is that I can programme there and if the programme does not work correctly(stuck) I can kill it without killing system Fanny thing of linux is EOG(Eye of Gnomme) programme I really like its short name Tongue (but I made up my nick first) Mac OS: Good at graphic(ONLY) Apple belongs to Adobe so photoshop is free. but do you know why tere is no photoshop for 64bit CPUs? The ansfes is that when they made it they realased it works better, faster and more stabe on.... Windows! They did not released it only because of that. They only care about money from apple . If i was released nobay would buy Mac So avatar_43 now tell what system would you use if you were a peep that use system at home or work? -system that is free but is hard to operate there is no technikal support(i know Mandrake has it; but it is payed) -system that is good at graphics but it needs special computer wchih is 1.5 price of PC(I do not caunt programmes that very often price is 2 times bigger) -system that can do everything has great technical support is cheap(when you are looking on price of mac), but sometimes cruches(less times if you have orginal system and updates oftem)

DX10 is being backward engineered
May be you should see the rasaults of 'backwording' of DX10 Here is the screeans Game:Age of Conan Same comp but with 2 HDD (one XP-DX9; two Vista-DX10) Screeand 1 http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dx9mb1.jpg and http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dx10qv9.jpg , or Screeand 2 http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dx9so0.jpg and http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dx10ro7.jpg
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 12:37:59 am by Exploited » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting