Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 03, 2024, 01:58:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Really annoying voice control button  (Read 3708 times)
osavill
« on: May 16, 2008, 09:14:48 am »

I've searched the forum, but I am a newbie to this so please bear with me, and I've found articles on remapping the keys. The problem is I don't really understand the solution! I've can see it has something to do with a seem file, but I cannot work out how to get hold of this seem file. The RadioComm tool says that you can specify your own seem file but then neglects to tell you exactly how! Basically I want to switch of the really really loud voice button which often gets pressed by accident and is scaring the pets, children and I suspect any passing 'planes!

Thanks
u4ia24
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:10:48 am »

You dont need to use RadioComm to change the Voice Recognition button because ROKR E2 doesnt use seem files. You just need to install and use the VRReplace 5.0 mpkg. Its in the Software sub-forum. Read around on how to install MPKG softwares and how to set its permission to "root".

Remember to keep reading around here to learn more on modding. Good luck modding your E2.  Wink
osavill
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 12:39:24 pm »

Great stuff, thanks for the info.. I'm gob smacked about what can be done to the E2!!! Haven't had this much fun with a techie device for ages :-)

The search function doesn't appear to work for me. All I get is every post right back at me. I've been through all 24 pages in the software child forum and there's no sign of VRReplace. There's an article asking for a translation and one of the replies says use the one by somebody, but sadly there's no link. Any ideas where it might be found?

Thanks
osavill
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 12:47:06 pm »

Doh! found it!
osavill
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 01:22:35 pm »

Sadly it doesn't work :-(
osavill
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 03:04:08 pm »

Sorry to be posting such a lot! I'm finding out stuff as I go :-)

Got it to work, half any way. I upgraded the BP F/W from 22p to 48p and I can now reassign the voice key. Sadly it doesn't carry over after a re-boot. The first confirm dialog is hard to understand but I've been through all combinations and I can't make it stick. It seems to be telling me that it has stored boot configuration but I suspect it's not stored anywhere that the boot process is looking.
u4ia24
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 06:59:54 pm »

At first that also happend to me.. The button remapping also didnt stick when i rebooted. But now its working beautifully on my fone. Check if there's a S01vr.txt and APP_REPLACE_EXE in your unKnown folder after using the program. Also make sure that VR Replace has root permissions. What firmware are you currently using? The MAXX E2 II 4AP has some good reviews. and I also think that VR Replace is already built in it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 07:06:39 pm by u4ia » Logged
osavill
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 11:09:08 am »

Thanks for the reply. I am using Katze3 FINAL RELEASE.

How do I see if VR has root permissions. If it doesn't how do I give it root permissions. I know how to telnet into the phone if that is what's required.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 04:03:06 pm »

Use the phoneWare manager built in there... Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: