Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 04, 2024, 07:38:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help,virus  (Read 6754 times)
tarong
« on: October 08, 2007, 01:43:06 pm »

can a memorycard virus attack my motorola e398
BruceLee
Really experienced

back in bussines

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 02:22:02 pm »

@moderator
First of all please remove the poll

@tarong
As far as i know there are no viruses for motorola system platform unless you have symbian or windows mobile and that's quite imposible on an e398 :| (CMIIW)
So please tell us more because you didn't gave us many details. Whats the main problem what's wrong with your phone?
motomaniacs
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 02:36:19 pm »

POLL REMOVED

agreed with brucelee it cannot attack the phone system.. but it can attack the memorycard..
BruceLee
Really experienced

back in bussines

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 04:25:13 pm »

how could it attack the memory card? probably that could be possible just while the tf card is connected to the computer (and then we're talking about a computer virus) but through the phone probably he's not doing anything
napi_n
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 05:57:14 pm »

from what i knew and heard, motorola phone never ever will be infected by virus..so buddy, dont be worry. proud to be helo moto.. haha..
error398
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 07:35:37 pm »

AFAIK, the virus still can attack ur MMC but it cant do anything bcoz the filesystem in MMC just for read only.. its just duplicate, it didnt broke ur phone.. trust me..
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:19:47 pm »

All viruses which spread through pen drives can affect your memory card,but it can do nothing to your phone..

3sixthy
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 10:52:19 pm »

yeah the virus cant replicate or even attack the phone....
the virus can be spread by bluetooth....I've ever got the virus when transfr song from Rokr....lol
error398
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 11:24:57 pm »

its safe.. no worry bout virus..LOL
BruceLee
Really experienced

back in bussines

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 12:52:55 am »

guys i think we should wait to see what's tarong gonna say
EOG
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 10:51:48 am »

tarong do not worry if your comp finds a virus on your card that means that this is only virus for computers and any computer antyvir should delete it.

For rest:
There is a possibility to make virus for e398/e1 but it is really hard peep that would write it must know all the e398 processor assembler, know special functions that Motorola uses to code and compile their mobiles and many more. The only person that is known to me and is the nearest of knowledge of needed things is elektro255 and I do not think so that he will do that 'hes a good guy Tongue'

The other possibility of viruses for e398/e1 is are "Bluetooth viruses" those are not really viruses but some programs that allow to do something with sb mobile. But this apps needs perdition(asked at first connection) and special code to access sb mobile, what is more is that e398/e1 has old bluetooth system and for them worst thing is just to read SMS so it cost you nothing.

The last possibility is that if sb write its own Firmware from basics(applying functions to control mobile) that person would control all mobiles that has his/her firmware whenever he/she wants, but again the only person I know is elektro255 and some Russian guys from motofan.ru(their good guys as elektro255) and time to write it(write is so good and add as many functions that they would made peeps to use it) would took about 2 years and in that time I bet we will mod other motorola mobile so it's useless.
BruceLee
Really experienced

back in bussines

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 11:45:54 am »

thanks for the information eog
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 07:01:53 pm »

Added karma for that,EOG Wink

geboy
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 10:07:22 pm »

hi bro` i realy need your helps.
my E398 has flash to starter xp and so far so good. (already 6 month running well)
but start 2 day ago, i face some problem.when start up the tooth can`t working, and on the display show up like we want to dial up the phone with the number +++00+0000000+000 etc.
may I fix it again? would You advice me, thanks You very much.

geboy
balcksheep
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 02:01:32 pm »

flash again... if u dont want lose personal files, dont flash the flex (CG2)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting