Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 04, 2024, 03:06:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make sure S80Messaging runs after boot  (Read 3978 times)
u4ia24
« on: May 06, 2008, 09:56:12 pm »

How to make sure S80Messaging runs automatically after we turn on the phone? Most of the time Inbox and Outbox messages are not loaded automatically. We must enter "Messages" before they are loaded. Because of this i receive messages late. Anyone know how to fix this?
fedegil69
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:23:38 am »

that is my problem too sometimes i don´t enter and don,t recibe messages
pebri86
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:32:46 am »

Yeah that's my problem too..

I wonder if someone can fix that..

Cause i don't have any idea about that...
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 06:49:27 am »

Im not sure...since i didnt have that problem...and the MP i used (Katze3) didnt have this S80messaging... Hmm... How if u try to run that S80 in autorun.txt? Btw can someone attach this script? I want to check it... Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

u4ia24
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 08:50:13 am »

Im not sure if S80Messaging is really the one responsible for the Inbox and Outbox of the phone.. But MOST PROBABLY it is the one.. I'm using Titanium Extreme II and its located in /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/. I've read somewhere here in motohell that this S80Messaging fix is included in the 48p extreme according to zjole:

Hi arctu,Sorry for the late reply.
I'm afraid I've got no idea how to load binaries and libs from sd card.Sorry...Sad

Main features of 48p extreme:
1.The new rokr and phoneware manager,of course
2.checks if messaging process is running after the phone boots.If not,start it manually.(/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/S80Messaging)
3.Can install skins to sd card by clicking on skin archives or extract the archives to the skin folder in sd card.(sdtheme)
4.play sound when plug in/remove sd card and mount/umount ext3 partitions,enable/disable swap,(see /etc/hotplug/mmc.agent)
5. web server(https://motohell.com/index.php?topic=1364.0)

In my opinion,these feature won't affect speed at all.Speed has much to do with the skin you're using.Those use lots of png icons will be laggy and even cause the messaging process not to start when the phone boots.That's while ilove3d add the S80Messaging script.And it's almost certain that kaleidscope features affect speed a little.E2 should be faster without them.

So I suggest we make two seperate versions of this firmware.One with kaleidscrope and the other not.Smiley

@keaglez,
I think its also included in the upcoming e2Revival Firmware. Unfortunately the firmware is still not released. Have you seen the script in the firmware? The used in the script was to check whether S80Messaging was successfully executed after booting and if it was not properly executed, the script will open it. Can u help us fix it? I'd do it myself but unfortunately i don't know how to.. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:00:24 am by u4ia » Logged
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 09:42:16 am »

Ah, yes...i know that...but i didnt have a chance yet to try Extreme based MP...so, i havent seen the S80messaging script yet... I like to help solve it...can u attach the script here? Lemme check it... Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

u4ia24
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 09:47:53 am »

Oh, u want to look at the S80. Sorry for not posting it before. hehe.

Here, have a look at it. This is from Titanium Extreme II. Smiley
u4ia24
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 10:02:27 am »

Attached is the one from 48p rokr extreme 2.. Is there any difference with the scripts?

Edit: Tried to bind the S80Messaging from 48p rokr extreme 2 and the bug is still there.. so i guess there was no fix after all in 48p rokr extreme 2.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:48:15 am by u4ia » Logged
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 11:15:36 am »

Hmm...the script looks fine... (will try it later) and just to make sure...if u find /ezxlocal/.no_debug_msg, remove it...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

error398
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 09:28:54 pm »

i ve using Maxx E2 with no problem now..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting