Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 09, 2024, 10:58:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parts phones, can they be saved?  (Read 2253 times)
silentsnow31802
« on: August 05, 2008, 02:19:01 pm »

So I picked up a few parts phones. Six to be exact. I got four of them to power on.

The first one works fine. I am currently using it full time to test it and make sure.

Second one has a redish tint to the screen and locks up when the camera is loaded. (screen has been tested and is fine).

The third one is touchy... it wont turn on most of the time but when it does its fine, although it likes to turn off randomly.

The fourth one the keypad does not work, I tested the keypad itself and its fine. The power button works like its supposed to but most the buttons dont work at all, and the ones that do only turn down the volume. I also can not get this one into bootloader.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix these three remaining phones?
silentsnow31802
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 08:19:07 pm »

Got every phone to power on!  Smiley

Had to use testpoint for 4 of them. Im beginning to flash them all.

The one im on now gets to about 93% on CG3 and then goes away from the SW UPGRADE screen and back to the Bootloader screen... I dont know why.

EDIT:
Ok so my final verdict....

Phone 1- fully functional
Phone 2- fully functional but has a red dimmed screen, I suspect water damage.... I have tested it and the screen is dimmed and something on the main board of the phone is making every screen I tried show a red tint.
Phone 3- Seems to work fine but I can only get the power button to work.
Phone 4- When messing with it I broke a piece off the main board, the phone still works but is EXTREMELY slow and eventually freezes.
Phone 5- Can get to testpoint but it says a fully charged battery does not have enough power to flash it.
Phone 6- Turned on a few times but soon turned off.... I am unsure why. Cannot get it to turn on now.

Not bad for only 55 USD I think.... Came out with a fully working phone, a work phone (the one with the red dimmed screen), and a bunch of extra parts.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:32:16 am by silentsnow31802 » Logged
boycuz
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 02:50:01 am »

read this post

https://motohell.com/index.php?topic=3087.msg37863#msg37863

may can help you...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting