Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 06, 2024, 03:24:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [FIXED] Anyone has this problem too?!?  (Read 10675 times)
sjj
« on: August 25, 2007, 01:08:36 am »

I had a topic about the java speed on E2, I could not find it, so I made a new one...

The problem:
My E2 is overclocked to 624mhz... While running java applications, like jbenchmark 3d, the speed was very good until I press any buttons on the phone... If I let the benchmark run without pressing any buttons, it can run at about 11fps in both game test, but, if I press a button, it will drop to 7fps, which is the speed of a 312mhz E2!!! Angry And I can't possibly play a game without using any buttons... BTW, I just re-flashed my E2 to ROKR Ultimate just to fix this speed problem Embarrassed...

Try this on your phone:
After overclocking to 624mhz, run jbenchmark 3d and take note of the fps in the 3d game test, however, while testing DO NOT PRESS ANY KEYS! Set the display timeout to 2 minutes...
Run jbenchmark 3d and press some buttons when the test starts...

Pls reply and tell me the fps u get and give me a solution if you can...

SOLUTION!
Disable keypad backlight...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:54:29 am by sjj » Logged
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 01:27:07 am »

I got the same, sjj.. But i dun think its only E2 hav this problem.. When i testing E2@624mhz and 6300 (live compare), with pressing keypad the E2 got about 2400-2500 (i forgot the real number) and 6300 got 2200.. Without pressing any key, E2 got 2900-3000 and 6300 got 2700.. I tested it with SP Mark06 Java..

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

sjj
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 01:30:09 am »

A Nokia also have this problem??
But I remembered there was a time when I just flashed to ROKR Ultimate and it can run at full speed even after pressing a key...
After a few weeks, the speed dropped...

So now I re-flashed and still face this problem! :'(
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 01:34:52 am »

Not sure.. I always got this problem..

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Taurnil
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 05:40:45 am »

Multipress support is an expensive feature, I mean, a multipress kernel is slower than a 'unipress' one.  That's why you get lower performance in benchmark if you press any key.
sjj
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 08:42:13 pm »

If its the multi-key causing the problem, then I want to disable it... How to do that?
Taurnil
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 08:25:54 am »

flash a non-multipress kernel.
but... your rokr will suck at games, btw xD
sjj
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 12:26:14 am »

Another observation, when the phone is not overclocked(312mhz) there is no performance decrease when I press a key...

However, on 624mhz, when I press a key, the performance will drop to the speed like a non overclocked phone...
So, I think there is something wrong with the overclocking that causes the speed to drop whenever a key is pressed.... Huh?
Newbier
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 09:20:02 pm »

... I think there is something wrong with the overclocking that causes the speed to drop whenever a key is pressed.... Huh?

Shocked.
memokinetic
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 11:07:53 am »

Another observation, when the phone is not overclocked(312mhz) there is no performance decrease when I press a key...

However, on 624mhz, when I press a key, the performance will drop to the speed like a non overclocked phone...
So, I think there is something wrong with the overclocking that causes the speed to drop whenever a key is pressed.... Huh?

Run a processor benchmark on your PC - don't touch anything. Now run it again, tapping keys and moving the mouse. Surprise!!!

The processor has to process your keypresses along with the rest, doesn't it? The smaller the processor, the bigger the impact of inputs into the system - so on your PC the difference will be minimal - but it will exist - while on the phone...
sjj
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 07:20:24 pm »

When I let go of the keys the performance still would not go back to normal speed... Angry
memokinetic
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 09:09:08 am »

When I let go of the keys the performance still would not go back to normal speed... Angry

Not immediately. The figures you gave are OK, don't worry. Think about it this way: you're giving your phone extra stuff to process. See if you can do more things at the same time with the same efficiency.
sjj
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 06:27:49 am »

All of us are wrong, I found out something new today...

1. Overclock your phone to 624mhz
2. Start the realtime CPU/RAM Mpkg
3. Make sure the CPU speed is at 624mhz
4. Press any button
5. OMG!  Shocked WTF THE CPU SPEED DROPS BACK TO 312 MHZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry
6. Quit the app and try again, the cpu speed will drop once you press a button, this happens in most of the other applications/games too... Making the overclocking almost USELESS Sad

Someone pls help me fix this!! I'll reward you with some games(unreleased ones!) if you can solve it...
huatz84
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 07:36:54 am »

Yeah,I've noticed that several days ago.It means that our E2 is unstable.The CPU can't handle the keypressed.It's useless if we do overclocking..It just makes our battery drying faster.
error398
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 06:29:26 pm »

so.. thats mean.. OC just run when our phone on standby mode.. when we press a button.. it will become a normal??
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting