Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 14, 2024, 11:28:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reviving old e398  (Read 2764 times)
Ottah
« on: September 20, 2009, 02:13:55 am »

Hey all

After successful flashing of my previous e398, im so happy at the new quality of the phone. Seems like it just received a new life. Anyway, my main dilemma is on how to get my old e398 charged up again.

My old e398, needs to be in a way, put into a bootloader mode. In this method, i need to discharge wire 4 and 5 and pressing the red button and press the * and # button at the same time and inserting the battery in. If i can get it into BL i would get it back into working order.

The problem here is, i don't have enough fingers to actually do all this.

My few fingers would be on the # and * and the red button and one hand would be in battery and i don't have enough hands to get it free to put the battery in...

Im just wondering, what can i actually do? is there some sort of "jig" i can make so it's easier for me to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as alaways..

Thanks

EDIT:

Just found some videos... i don't think i need to press the buttons ... Will see how it goes on and will let you guys know on how things go

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 02:24:27 am by Ottah » Logged
jzzz
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 07:03:14 am »

Why not ask your friend to help you?
If not,you can try moto repair studio.
Ottah
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 12:58:22 pm »

Why not ask your friend to help you?
If not,you can try moto repair studio.

it's ok now, i had to sacrifice the e398 for the other e398. Needed some parts that needed replacing which i did last night. O well, atleast i got one awesome moto now = )
vedesh
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 09:03:42 am »

Hey all

After successful flashing of my previous e398, im so happy at the new quality of the phone. Seems like it just received a new life. Anyway, my main dilemma is on how to get my old e398 charged up again.

My old e398, needs to be in a way, put into a bootloader mode. In this method, i need to discharge wire 4 and 5 and pressing the red button and press the * and # button at the same time and inserting the battery in. If i can get it into BL i would get it back into working order.

The problem here is, i don't have enough fingers to actually do all this.

My few fingers would be on the # and * and the red button and one hand would be in battery and i don't have enough hands to get it free to put the battery in...

Im just wondering, what can i actually do? is there some sort of "jig" i can make so it's easier for me to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as alaways..

Thanks

EDIT:

Just found some videos... i don't think i need to press the buttons ... Will see how it goes on and will let you guys know on how things go

If you are using the force boot method I dont think you need to hold the # and * and the red button .
jzzz
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 06:12:35 pm »

Yeah,forceboot is need to short pin 4 n 5 from the right side.
NiKSY
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 12:03:23 am »

There are two ways of doing a forceboot.

First - Holding *,# and RED and inserting the battery while doing so. This ways doesn't always work.

Second - Shorting the 4th and 5th pin (of the port on the bottom of the phone) from the right, and then inserting the battery. Works always if you shorted the right pins together ;-) Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting