Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 20, 2024, 08:35:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is better
To work much on a job that sucks, but for a lot of money - 3 (33.3%)
To be free with a prestige job, however with much less money - 6 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In a middle of nowhere on a crossroad  (Read 9066 times)
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« on: June 12, 2008, 06:36:05 am »

I told you I quit my job the last month and now I am unemployed... Now I am going on interviews and at that point I am really in a middle of taking decision on "where to go".

Basically my options are:
- To "restart" my career in technical support or similar position... Lots of boring work - good money
- To start working in the university as assistant and to go for a science career. Money are... not good. The work however is much more prestige and I will have much more free time.

What do you think?

NiKSY
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 08:15:52 am »

I would always go for more free time.. Yes its nice to have lots of cash but I dont want to spend my whole damn life working as a slave...

*oh, btw Smiley in the middle Tongue sorry Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:34:44 am by NiKSY » Logged
Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:20:58 am »

go for prestige job!!!!
MarkoP
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 08:39:49 am »

I vote for more fun and less money,but if I have to chose in my country I will chose the less fun for more money... Niksy will agree with me I hope so??
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 03:53:02 pm »

I would certainly go for more free time.. After all,we are working to live, and not living to work.. Smiley

keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 04:21:45 pm »

Its depends to ur economy and ur career of course... Smiley I personally choose the first...well, u still young and can do more...so why not? Of course, if u bored with the job, u can go for the alternate... After all, if u have more free time, u can get other part time job too... Wink

People said money is not the most important thing, but in the fact, money is really important... Every thing is paid in this world..!!? Sad

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

farkzlay
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 05:50:16 pm »

do what you wanna do. take the fun and also the risk.
try to do everything that you'll never regret. discuss it with someone you trust.
and remember money is not everything....but everything need money Tongue

good luck Wink
lklandaverde
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 06:02:15 pm »

i think is better to have free time, cause if you need money you can use your free time to do other works, like me!

i work on TV (im Video Editor) and is work from 14:00 to 22:00 all my morning free, and i work by myself on Technical Support and Reparing cellphones, so it gave me more money, and i choose to work more or not... so i think choose the second option
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 08:56:33 pm »

Well I may give few corrections:

1. "Slave job" is not what I will sign for Smiley The first described job is standart 40 hours per week (8hr per day, 5 days) job. So it's nothing radical - it's just better paid than the other. The problems with it are:
- No perspective (these outsourcing companies are coming and vanishing). I will work for such company how much? Two? Three? Four years (like in the last one)? Then what - say goodbye and search for a new one, but until when? Are they gonna hire me when I am 50 years old?
- The job is usually not fun at all. All you do in such companies is work whole day the same things over and over again. You learn some software - you use it and that's all. The offers for "creative" work in the developers zone is paid much less than it deserves, so it's not discussable
- Real advantage in such jobs however - I can make enough money! I mean "enough" that I can left some "extra" behind me in a bank or buy something

2. The second "assistant" job - have more pluses and one big minus:
- As I said - much more free time and freedom to do whatever you wish with it. Except some obligatory basis that you must fill - the rest of the time is utilized only by you and whatever you want (but note that you should better not spend it for online games if you wish to succeed)
- Learn new things all the time in spheres that you want
- Real opportunity for career, as you have many science levels above you
- Big big big minus - the money are barely enough for living. The difference is like 100% (double)... Of course I can start a second, temporarily, part time job and fill the needs, but that means that my free time vanishes Smiley

NiKSY
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 02:44:02 am »

Oh man IDK...Its really a hard decision.. Cant help you anymore
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 08:40:12 am »

Smiley I think I will go for the prestige job... It can't be bad paid forever - it needs a lot of knowledge!

keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 09:16:25 am »

Good luck then... Wink U should be able to get better life with it...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

motomaniacs
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 09:39:20 am »

make your own business so you'll be the bos and also employee
Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 04:21:13 pm »

Good luck man...
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 12:45:18 am »

make your own business so you'll be the bos and also employee

Can't be made without lots of money for investment and it's very risky... I can end up poor Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting