Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 02, 2024, 03:07:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can any one help me with my E6  (Read 6463 times)
RazzPotin
« on: August 28, 2007, 05:13:27 am »

how i can install (MPKG Installer) on my E6 coz every time i copy the (  .system ) folder to th sd card and restart the phone than i want to install  any .pkg
file it is give me a massage taht say (invalid application file . the file can not be used)

what the problem   Huh?
can anyone help me plz  Grin
TaZ
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 05:45:02 am »

how i can install (MPKG Installer) on my E6 coz every time i copy the (  .system ) folder to th sd card and restart the phone than i want to install  any .pkg
file it is give me a massage taht say (invalid application file . the file can not be used)

what the problem   Huh?
can anyone help me plz  Grin

point a while file with the stick and then choose open with and choose mpkg installer Tongue
RazzPotin
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:07:18 am »

thanks man i do what you say and i get the seem problem.

motomaniacs
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 08:34:22 am »

B. MPKG AND LINLOADER

Before you can install many programs on your phone you will first need to install the following 2 pieces of software that will permit you to install other software.
MPKG - a package installer that will allow you to install executable app packages of type **.pkg (similarly to a java app installer). Once MPKG installer is installed you can copy files of type *.pkg to the root folder of your SD card, then install them by opening the File Manager application on the phone, go to the system folder, tap and hold the stylus on the *.pkg file and a small menu should pop up. Choose 'open with' and then choose the "MPKG" app. This will install the app and let you see it and run it from the phones Application Launcher

Linloader - this is a program used to run shell scripts. Most of these scripts have the extension **.lin. Once linloader is installed these shell scripts are run by opening the File Manager application on the phone, go to the folder where you have the shell script you want to run, click and hold, choose 'open with' and then choose the "loader" app.
How to Install MPKG

Get the MPKG Installer “Mpkg for E6” file from here then do the following:
Unrar the file. You will see it consists of a folder called .system.
Plug in the phone, then use Windows Explorer to copy the entire old .system folder from the SD card to a safe place on your PC (so can recover if necessary). [If you can not see the .system file then you do not have “View hidden files” on].
Copy the entire .system folder from the rar file to replace the one on your SD card.
Unplug the phone from the PC and restart it. You should see a MPKG icon under Application Launcher on your phone.
You NEVER run this program directly by clicking it - rather you open other files that have an extension of *.pkg by holding the stylus on those files until a small menu displays. Select “Open With” and select MPKG. You should hear a bell indicating the program has loaded.
[If you have already installed some programs on your SD card before installing MPKG then you should uninstall then before doing the above otherwise you will not be able to access them anymore (phone doesn't find them). You can reinstall them when complete]

If when you install MPKG, and then you copy a xxxx.pkg file to your phone and try to open it wiht MPKG, but get the error message "Invalid application" - then it did not install properly. Try the other install method listed below
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 08:43:35 am by MotoManiacs® » Logged
TaZ
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 09:24:55 am »

@RazzPotin
you should read this: http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11859

i advise you to format your sd before installing mpkg installer
RazzPotin
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 04:15:17 pm »

i do all step that you say and i have the same problem  Huh?

i dont know what i have to do

plz any one can help me?

i am tird from dicussing my broplem in many formus and no one give me the answer!!!
TaZ
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 04:30:15 pm »

what version of FW do you have? maybe u need falsh your e6 with newer version... i'm just making conjectures Huh?
RazzPotin
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 04:41:50 pm »

what version of FW do you have? maybe u need falsh your e6 with newer version... i'm just making conjectures

what the FW and flash ? and how i can get the FW ?
motomaniacs
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 06:51:07 pm »

look at my post? is that also cant help you yet?
FW is Firmware
and flash is more like installing the FW to phone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting