Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 02, 2024, 03:47:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awful experience with charging  (Read 3243 times)
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:25:04 pm »

Ok, what happened to me the last evening was awful experience.

I used my phone as usual whole day. Nothing special - few phone calls and reading some sms. During the day my battery felt down. Sadly I didn't have a watch, because I use my phone for checking what time it is. So I kept turning on and off the E2 to check the time few times until... well it won't turn on anymore.

That's completely normal you will say - the battery is totally dead and I need to charge. Here comes the nightmare - when I went home I plugged the charger. You know that when you start charging E2, when it's turned off, the phone will turn on in airplane mode and will display a message "charging". That's what happened, but right after the message "Charging" appeared on the display - the "Low battery sound" ringed and... phone auto turns off. That crap repeated around 20 times! I was desperate - disconnecting the charger, connecting again, etc... It just can't start charging.

Well after the 20th attempt it was able to keep alive and started to charge; however the experience was bad enough and scary (I was thinking for a new battery already). The verdict - do not abuse your E2 when it's on low batt...

keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 11:53:42 pm »

Wow... Your E2 is crying.... Grin lol

Well, on that case, you should charge a little first with universal desktop charger then continue with the original charger... Wink

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

dunia.gs
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 05:52:27 pm »

imagine that happened to newbie like me......shock me a lot... lol
huatz84
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 06:40:53 pm »

I think it's a normal issue in a phone.But don't try to keep turning your phone on with Sony Ericsson phones.It was proved by some of my friends which were Sony Ericsson's users that their phone dead with red light if they tried to keep turning the phone on while low battery.To fix it,need to reflash.
kidscracker
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 09:43:05 pm »

it happened to me twice so im getting usual to it, i was turning it on and off when it was low bat until it was completly dead. i think it's about hte battery, when it is completly dead needs more time to have enought energy even to start charging...strange but it's how it looks
aku46
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 01:43:44 am »

hey is there any apps that will show our e2 is in charging? i mean, when the phone is charging, a blinking light will appear (like my c650-light at joypad). or in e398-the screen always on.
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 10:15:26 pm »

I remember that on E398 there was some very cool color lights from the two sides of the phone...

Anyway - that is an interesting idea. A program that makes the phone screen blink in specific time interval when it is charging... or the camera flash Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting