Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 04, 2024, 05:14:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: modify to R373  (Read 3784 times)
ttwy
« on: December 14, 2007, 03:28:16 am »

hey guys!  I just got an E398 (maybe 5 years after everyone else did Grin) but anyway, I've heard about this mod to upgrade my phone software to R373 from R372 so that it won't lag so much and to use higher capacity micro sd cards but I can't seem to find a guide on how to do it or it's labeled differently.  would appreciate any help in this. 

by the way,if i buy the housing for the e398,is it easy enough to change it myself? do you guys have any links to any guides? thanks!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 03:42:11 am by ttwy » Logged
EOG
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 06:39:29 am »

hey guys!  I just got an E398 (maybe 5 years after everyone else did Grin) but anyway, I've heard about this mod to upgrade my phone software to R373 from R372 so that it won't lag so much and to use higher capacity micro sd cards but I can't seem to find a guide on how to do it or it's labeled differently.  would appreciate any help in this. 

by the way,if i buy the housing for the e398,is it easy enough to change it myself? do you guys have any links to any guides? thanks!

I suppose you did not ever read the glued posts(cause guide is there)

HERES the link to the topic
ttwy
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 11:33:46 am »

is R373 the same as E1 ROKR? sorry because this is the first time I'm using a motorola so I'm at a loss with all these new terms.  So if I flash it to the E1 ROKR software,it's the same as getting the R373? which means I can put a bigger memory card and it won't lag as much?
Jay Chou
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 11:59:03 am »

ttwy,
yeah, R373 is now in your E1 ROKR but it's still the stock
You will have to flash a good MP, all here in Exploited's site
www.e398mod.com  This site has all the tutorials for you. Credits for the site goes to Exploited.
You can only put a MicroSd card up to 1GB and yes, it won't lag as much as the stock in your E1 if
you flash a good MP.
Cheers! Wink
ttwy
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 01:05:13 pm »

sorry,but I think you misunderstood me.  I'm actually using and E398, not the ROKR, but if I flash my E398 to the R373, will it be the same as flashing it to be a ROKR? by the way,may I know what is an MP? thanks!
EOG
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 03:12:35 pm »

e398 = rokr e1

Diffrence is Software so you only need to change it to make it work.
R373 for rokr are a bit diffrent to the one for orginal e1 'cause there is no way to install BootLoader 0A.20(or sth like that) using standart data cable. The change in MP(R373 Software for e398; orginaly MP is Monster Pack but do not mind it it's not important) is that it works on e398 BootLoader 07.D0

Olso what is needed is to Upgrade Software(CG7) this changes DSP to R373 standart.

To make from R372 to R373 you need to download MP called 42R_for_all(avaliable on e398mod.com) and all what is needed will be done automaticly(besides BlueTooth address). After flashing 42R_for_all you have your R372 converted fully to R373. 42R_for_all is an old MP so you need to download new one(if you wand fast mobile do not download Black Angel 2; in my oppinion the fastest is Revolution Grand Finale (RGF)  ; MP's are avliable olso on e398mod.com).

If you want to use some BlueTooth device you need t repair your BlueTooth address(write the request here so I'll tell you what to do).

REMEMBRE TO MAKE FULL BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING
motomaniacs
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 04:32:20 pm »

agreed with EOG and jay chou
read the stickied topic. your phone i assumed have 07.D0 for the bootloader so choose the right monsterpack.
if your e398 has been flashed to R373 it now become e398@rokr e1 that mean you have all the e1 rokr features on your e398 (iTunes & video recording which e398 didnt have)
ttwy
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 09:15:40 am »

alright,now that I know that converting to E373 is the same as flashing to the ROKR,I understand all the guides.  I'll go get myself the USB cable today and give it a try.  Thanks so much again for all the help!
motomaniacs
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 08:27:51 pm »

make fullbackup bro
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting