Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 04, 2024, 07:05:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qt documentation SDK + OpenHandheld Project.  (Read 17690 times)
hotus
« on: July 13, 2007, 02:24:11 am »

Hi every body.
I'm coming from E398 World and i've got a brand new rokr e2.

The first thing i've done with my new phone was experience flashing and the linux embedded OS.
I've also manage to install the sdk provided by lasly. Everything sounds really good.
Now i'm ready for a further step in my investigations/research.
I don't know if somebody could provide a detailed specification of the QT classes used and/or an sdk for our embedded OS (openezx i think). Since QT implementations differs from device to another, these would be very helpful if somebody want to convert existing applications such are those related to this project (Opie) :http://opie.handhelds.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Applications.
Anyway, someone got news of feasability of porting this project to our Rokr e2? I know that someone is working on the motorola A1200 porting; Since this device is very similar to our (OS, screen, etc...), i wonder if you guys know if the porting could be envisaged in a near future.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm originally french speaker.

Oh, one last thing, don't hesitate to fwd this topic onto another forum if you think it could help. Just pm me if it's the case.

Cheers.

hotus
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 03:39:10 am »

Most (or all) of the developers are currently located in China and Russia. They do not share a lot of information for their work - just suddenly releasing some gui application...

I don't think that the mentioned project is researched yet. Our E2 SDK is very new discovery (it was released just few weeks ago). We will need some time Smiley

ilove3d
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 09:49:33 pm »

Most (or all) of the developers are currently located in China and Russia. They do not share a lot of information for their work - just suddenly releasing some gui application...

I don't think that the mentioned project is researched yet. Our E2 SDK is very new discovery (it was released just few weeks ago). We will need some time Smiley
Grin no, it's not suddenly, just you don't know he is doing on that
and, actually, in it168, we post the applications with full source
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 12:40:44 am »

Can you repost some of them here? Currently the English tutorials are not very complete

hotus
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 12:33:40 am »

unfortunately, it168 is a chinese site, so international contribs are quite difficult.

But i'm sure those guys have lot of stuff they can or wanted to share. Since we are on a GNU/Linux OS, i think it would be benefit for everybody to share their knowledge.

For example, can you ilove3d provide if you have it , the QT library documentation you use to provide all show** modules?

i plan to work on a pdf viewer for our phone, and i would like before starting to collect all needed developpers stuff. This is why i started this topic. but shhhh... it's still a secret   Wink

Keep it up guys.
E2 rox
Taurnil
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 07:33:26 am »

For example, can you ilove3d provide if you have it , the QT library documentation you use to provide all show** modules?
I know how to use those modules/binaries; I could make a guide or something.. but... let's wait for 3d's answer Wink
houhq
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 07:44:29 am »

unfortunately, it168 is a chinese site, so international contribs are quite difficult.

But i'm sure those guys have lot of stuff they can or wanted to share. Since we are on a GNU/Linux OS, i think it would be benefit for everybody to share their knowledge.

i plan to work on a pdf viewer for our phone, and i would like before starting to collect all needed developpers stuff. This is why i started this topic. but shhhh... it's still a secret   Wink

Keep it up guys.
E2 rox

all the source code of show* you can find here : http://moto.it168.com/viewthread.php?tid=110918
or see the attach:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 07:52:11 am by houhq » Logged
hotus
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 09:50:29 am »

Those QT modules are from official QT/Embedded or a fork?
If it is from Qtembedded library, then i am sure that not all classes are implemented. My problem is that i want to know what is usable and how to use them.
A sort of class diagram for the graphical layer of our phone i mean.

ps: @houhq - it168 is in japanese isn't it?  Tongue (i mean i dont understand a word in chinese, and the google auto translation is ... berk )

*EDIT* Found this on trolltech web site: http://trolltech.com/products/qtopia/qtopiainuse/qtopiadevices
 I will try to download the Qtopia core phone edition and related stuff. Will tell you later  if something interesting can be extracted from these.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 10:06:09 am by hotus » Logged
ilove3d
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 07:16:47 pm »

no, motorola modified the qte libraries of E2, it's not offical qtopia ones

lasly has did a non official E2-EZX-SDK

you can download from the internet, learn about the source of the show*** or other non official qt apps' source, I think it's easy enough to build our own qt apps by lasly's SDK
Lasly
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 05:00:42 am »

i have shared all source which i wrote. they are to simple...but easy to understand.

Moto have modified many classes in QT 2.3.8 include QWidget, and it is a hard work to find out which class can be used on E2.

the E2's native sdk has lots of weak but it can be used to build some base app.

i think the header files is easy to understand by their name, and i have not enough time to write a document to descrip how to use it except anyone can help me.

sorry for my poor english. Grin 
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 05:03:43 am »

Hi Lasly, nice to meet you here

Your sdk is very good - some people already use it around. We (or I) will be happy to contribute into project for documenting the work with the SDK. Please let us know what is needed from our end?

Lasly
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 05:20:42 am »

if you have read the header of the sdk include files, you may notice that the include files is mixed by qt 2.3.8 's header file and some i wrote(named by "E2_...").

some qt header files can't work or maybe to cause link error, and "E2_..." files have a lot of notes block(the "/*....*/" block). the functions in block is existed but i don't test their usage, or include some another classes i don't crack.

maybe we can start at test the unused qt header( if it can link by couldn't work, means need to modified), and find out the usage of the functions which are in block...

emm....
Taurnil
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 06:47:53 am »

Hey lasly, I'm glad to read you here Wink
hmm... that must be a team work; it's too much for only one person
but still I need to read and practice a lot to be useful  u.u'
hotus
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 07:18:27 am »

Hi Lasly.

nice to meet you. I've already downloaded your sdk, and as you said, it is a very good point to start (although it is a little painful to get a working cross sompilation environment). As you noticed, and i was almost certain that motorola would not completely open its firmware. So, we are in a situation where only reverse engineering could help us to get a complete sdk with low level primitives.
As i said in a previous post, i will try each class of the qtopia core library (i've downloaded v4.3)  and see if it work on E2. It's a long job so, i'm not sure i could provide results, but hey .. life is not easy isn't it?

Anyway, thank you for your shares guys.

C Ya!
Lasly
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 09:05:33 am »

hi, hotus

your work could do base on qte 2.3.8,which is e2 used...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting