Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 03, 2024, 03:24:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iTunes  (Read 20722 times)
tomii
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 07:50:57 am »

and you think you ll have luck in this?
arctu
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 07:00:48 pm »

Some people just don't understand. (: Pizzadox, you should help explain P2k and LJ difference.

@fade2black
Ofcourse, people do it for the community. But, some people would appreciate and would feel that the time they spent in front of their computers is worth while. Also, devs risk bricking their phones... And if it were to brick, would the community pay for it? NO.

Also, fyi... even though Blackhawk do it for free, he received support and help from the community... he received an A1200 to make rockbox compatible for A1200/E6/E2. That's what I call community effort. Get what I'm conveying here?

Either way, iTunes sucks(except for the interface). For RockBox, I don't need to need to refresh database to hear my songs... Isn't that just good?
error398
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 10:03:56 pm »

yeahh,, u are right arctu.. even itunes have a simple function for music but it doesnt mean.. iTunes is the best.. previously im really obssesed about iTunes but after i found Rockbox.. no need iTunes.. but i still hope that iTunes will be full working at ezx phones soons
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2008, 01:52:18 am »

But before that, is there any source already for iTunes?

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

pizzadox619
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 04:17:46 am »

^ no, iTunes is not opensource.

But if you want java iTunes on ROKR. you can find java decompiler Wink
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2008, 04:50:30 am »

^ no, iTunes is not opensource.

But if you want java iTunes on ROKR. you can find java decompiler Wink
Smiley It will hard without source...I think no one will want to make one (which start by 0) since we have Rockbox now...that much-much better... We may close the discussion now...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

fade2black
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2008, 04:59:48 am »

@fade2black
Also, fyi... even though Blackhawk do it for free, he received support and help from the community... he received an A1200 to make rockbox compatible for A1200/E6/E2. That's what I call community effort. Get what I'm conveying here?
I know that about 6 month ago from motorolafans.com. Because I'm also following news/topic from other motorola modding forum too.

Either way, iTunes sucks(except for the interface). For RockBox, I don't need to need to refresh database to hear my songs... Isn't that just good?
arctu
I was read whole your posting in this forum.
I feel you doing like "The Leader" with say: 'I dont like people...', 'Stop to ....', 'Dont dreaming ...'.
I know you can make E2 aplication (programming E2), but please don't blame newbie like me.
It's not wrong if some people want 'something' for E2, like: iTunes, emulators (GBA,PSP), funlight, SDIO support, etc.

I say again, we dont talking about which is the best, iTunes or Rockbox.
I think if you dont like iTunes, you can leave or close (stopped) this topic.
So we never talking/dreaming it (like you said) again.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:01:48 am by fade2black » Logged
huatz84
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 05:14:52 am »

Calm down,guys.I think it's a nice idea to have iTunes working on E2.iTunes has more user-friendly interface.Let's working together.I'm totally noob in programming.But I'd like to learn.Our E2 will be great if we have 2 famous music player in the world.I'm busy right now.but I'll start learning after Chinese new year...Smiley
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2008, 05:20:52 am »

Man... For sure, what arctu said was true... We cant just modify the iTunes to make it works in E2, we must create from zero (except we have the source)...imagine how hard is it? Sad If you want the clone of iTunes, the cTunes is ready for you or KD player that look similar to iTunes...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

pizzadox619
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2008, 08:16:56 am »

Hope Valleo (Russian modder who made Media Viewer Applet) can convert/make it for us Cheesy

But java is running slow on our E2 Sad
tomii
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2008, 09:32:34 am »

how we can get itunes source?
huatz84
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 11:01:36 am »

Nothing is impossible.I wonder why Symbian OS has a lot of application day by day.I got the answer coz they are paid for those works.Linux is free.So,there's not much application coz spending hours in computer and do something which can't provide money is useless.But,since our phone is Linux OS,we can work things out together.We are not paid but this community is build for us to cooperate each other...iTunes on E2?
Seems impossible since corelet won't run on E2.In E2 prototype before it was released,Motorola included iTunes on E2 then iRadio.I think in the E2-iTunes,it used different platform.Then Motorola change E2 platform to JUIX.Motorola was such in a hurry in releasing E2 with JUIX platform.That's why E2 is laggish coz JUIX on E2 is prototype version for market testing.I've ever seen E2 prototype version on some sites while E1 was just released for a few months.The interface is P2K05.
iTunes is running on some Motorola phones like E398,E1,L6,L7,V3i,V3x and L7i.All are based on P2K platform.If E2 can run iTunes,it would be the first in ezx platform.Let's dream and make this happen....Smiley
arctu
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 08:10:48 pm »

@fade2black
I know that about 6 month ago from motorolafans.com. Because I'm also following news/topic from other motorola modding forum too.

arctu
I was read whole your posting in this forum.
I feel you doing like "The Leader" with say: 'I dont like people...', 'Stop to ....', 'Dont dreaming ...'.
I know you can make E2 aplication (programming E2), but please don't blame newbie like me.
It's not wrong if some people want 'something' for E2, like: iTunes, emulators (GBA,PSP), funlight, SDIO support, etc.

I say again, we dont talking about which is the best, iTunes or Rockbox.
I think if you dont like iTunes, you can leave or close (stopped) this topic.
So we never talking/dreaming it (like you said) again.

Probably I am. (: I'm at fault for that. But, I've never blamed you for anything. So no worries on that. All I'm trying to say is that, the LJ community is not as big as Symbian's.. (somewhat like 100x difference). So, if you want something, it's either you do it, or, wait for someone to do it (which seems impossible). So, at the end of it, I'm really actually saying... don't dream of something that big.. it's almost impossible unless someone really put in a lot of his life doing it... (there was once something hopeless like this at e398 forum.. that is.. trying to run linux on it.. ==")

But still, this is quite possible, just that the time needed and someone who has the expertise. Maybe you guys can learn some java programming and do some.

Hmm, btw, it's not like I'm promoting rockbox. I'm not the real dev for it. (;
And so, this will be my last message on this thread. As you request sir! (:
Taurnil
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2008, 07:10:34 am »

the only thing we got with this kind of threads is a pointless discussion. There're not many E2 developers. And the few are just not interested in making an E2 port of itunes. There're too many things, more important, to be optimized and improved.
So yeah, maybe it sounds hard, but if you want it, do it and stop crying.
tomii
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2008, 11:13:08 am »

how can i get source code with a java decompiler?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting