Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 01, 2024, 09:37:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant Play MP3 Format  (Read 10651 times)
qirun
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:05:04 pm »

Hi Guys,

I need your help,
I bought the E398 t years a go generally I'm really happy with it... even that was the time before I flashed to ROKR version yesterday. Thank You Guys You are ROCK!!!
The only thing that bothering me still is I can't play any MP3 music any more, I dont know why ... it was started about 6 month a go I had several MP3 laying on my 64mb flash cards. It was okay for about 1,5 years I can just play any MP3 that I load on my E398 Motorola. The problem is when I played any MP3 before ROKR the sound quality is horrible it was look like you playing the music in half speed.. so the sound were like monster voices because it was play not in normal speed. The when I updates the latest ROKR version provide by JithinkSK and the flash to MP from Montox (hi man I'm from Indonesia to....)...
The MP3 wont play at all. I still be able to hear sound hen I navigates any through any button and I belive the bass still working fine and any .amr sound will still be able to play but the MP3 wouldnt never work.
So at the moment I still dont have any ringtone that can I can hear if someone ringing me because all of the ringtone is on the MP3 format (Montox MP3).

I really appreciates any helps... anfd thanks for your great master pieces for MP series... !!!
Love it very much!!

error398
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:59:37 pm »

try to flash another MP, maybe it can helps.. if not, ur phone were problems
dmad
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 01:27:01 am »

I had a similar problem but the reason was the different bitrate from mp3s. So, i played a song and error: System Error. Try to normalize an mp3 (128 kbps, 192 kpbs) using Audacity or another software
dfirm
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 04:44:26 am »

or you can use patch MP3 with bitrate 320 kbps. u can find it in patch for E398 thread.
good luck!!!
Hello, i'm newbie in here Smiley
giacoletto
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 05:40:08 am »

i had the same problem..i just installed the patch just as dfirm said..and it played the mp3's with higher bit rates..try it first before flashing another MP..it may solve the problem.. Smiley
motomaniacs
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 05:44:38 am »

i think the bitrate of The MP3 was the problem
giacoletto
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 06:20:06 am »

or you can also try to play a mp3 with lower bitrate to be sure that its just a bitrate problem..try 128 or lower bitrate..it should work.. Smiley
motomaniacs
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 10:30:42 am »

cannot play below 24kbps....
qirun
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 06:38:16 pm »

Raunamaxtor --> Hi, I'll see if I can find another MP that will fix my problem...

dmad --> I never get any error messages .. it just by the time I try to play any mp3 ringtones (Symphony 46R provide by montox) I'm not hearing any sound and and the seek bar just doesnt move at all. I ccheck the bit rates on every single MP3 (ringtones) it may vary .. 24kbps, 32kbps, 64kbps, 96kbps, 128kbps. I dont haveany Mp3 320kbps yet.. but I will try soon I finished recharging my batteries :-)

dfirm, giacoletto MotoManiacs®, --> I had several options for the software that I can use to increased the bitrates, Thank for your advices!

I'll will be right back .. (I hope with some good results..).

Thanks!!

motomaniacs
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 05:12:42 am »

okay post here if you solved your problem or not
qirun
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 09:38:06 am »

Guys,

Good news! I still be able to play the amr files.
The bad news, I'm still not be able to play mp3 format ( I haven't try the 320kbps yet) the seek bar and the counter are not running at all.
I also notice that I have the same problem with midi files, hear no sound and the seek bar is not running.. but the counter is running forever...

I ever tried http://www.e398mod.com/content/view/414/30/ also:

FAQ: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: (read it!)
*HEEEEEEELP My ringtones doesn't working... I can't put mp3's as ringtone... what should I do ??
-you need to delete 2 *.DB files located in a/mobile/audio/ & restart your phone
or do it using p2ktools & press FIX MELODY DB ... or with p2kadvanced editor ...

but this wont work also...

I really appreciates for any enlightenments...
motomaniacs
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 10:08:32 pm »

did you store your ringtones to /c/mobile/audio/???
qirun
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 12:05:15 am »

Hi Motomaniacs,

I dont have the data cable with me at the monets but fore sure after I upgraded the original E398 firmware to ROKR version ad then flashed them with MP  Symphony 46R by Montox, I never changed the configuration or move any files except three things:
1. Delete 2 *.DB files located in a/mobile/audio/ and reboot the phone
2. Copy some amr and midi files in to same folder with the original audio files (ringtones) from Symphony 46R by Montox (I think that was same folder that you mention which is "/c/mobile/audio/", sory I dont have any data cables with me at the moments)
2. And overwrite some gain tables that I got from DJ returns GT by Sidmagnet archives.

Do you have any phone number that I can call? or messenger? Mine with yahoo! funkyabiez

Thanks!
motomaniacs
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 12:09:29 am »

okay...
i'll wait you in Y! messenger
qirun
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 11:29:17 pm »

Guys,

the Fix MelodyDB doesn't work for my E398 audio playback problem...

I noted that "the Fix MelodyDB button to fix melodys database, so you wouldn't need to delete *.db files and wouldn't have problems with access to ringstyles if you deleted standard files"

I really appreciates any help or clue to isolates the problems...

Cheers,
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting