Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 02, 2024, 06:41:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to Patch and create a Patch  (Read 6402 times)
badguy
« on: July 01, 2008, 03:12:40 am »

i tried to find these information but couldn't.
with fb3 and above, i can kind of figure out how to use it. but i have rokr, i often see the instruction to patch offline. what does that mean? and how it can be done?
finally, how to make your own patch
NiKSY
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:26:51 am »

Patch offline. Means apply patch to firmware first and then flash it like that. Can be done in F&B 3.0.5 and above...(i dunno for earlier versions)

Making your patches. You can make custom patches for lock/unlock and splash screen.. Dont know what you were asking...?
badguy
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 05:40:14 am »

i selected patch and hit quick flash, it didn't seem to do anything

the last question i mean how is .fpa file made?
juklitinov
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:15:38 am »

Don't choose quick flash, but save as.
Than flash to ur phone.
Maybe made using notepad that written some address and hex value.
But I really wanna know, where the patchmaker found the addrees and the value?
Sorry for my stupid question.
badguy
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 10:21:45 am »

thanks you guys!
what does remove rsa verification mean? do you need to check that?
juklitinov
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 02:52:21 pm »

Maybe, Remove RSA is something like unlock the protection so we can applying the patch.
U need to check that for first time on unpatch FW/clean FW.
CMIIW.
badguy
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 02:35:09 am »

you know in fb 3.0.6 you can automatically create undo, where are they located after they are created?
NiKSY
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 02:51:04 am »

Maybe, Remove RSA is something like unlock the protection so we can applying the patch.
CMIIW.
Something like that, yes. Bear in mind that all r373 firmwares for E398 allready have RSA removed. But ROKR firmwares dont - thats why you cant patch a ROKR online...
farkzlay
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 03:56:28 am »

CMIIW.
Something like that, yes. Bear in mind that all r373 firmwares for E398 allready have RSA removed. But ROKR firmwares dont - thats why you cant patch a ROKR online...

i disagree with you niks..
i always do patch online in my rokr e1 (non-downgraded) with fb. 3.0.6. no problem at all

@ badguy
the undopatch will create automatically and stored in same folder with your patch file path Wink
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:59:43 am by farkzlay » Logged
badguy
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 10:30:48 am »

@niksy
by all firmwares you mean all the stock and mod firmwares? as long as they are for rokr, you have to remove rsa every single time?
thanks

@farkzlay
i guess that is one of those things that works for some people but doesn't work for the other
i have tried to patch online, i got a sig error afterward
patch undo will be created even if it's patched offline right?
thanks
NiKSY
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 11:54:45 am »

@niksy
by all firmwares you mean all the stock and mod firmwares? as long as they are for rokr, you have to remove rsa every single time?
thanks

@farkzlay
i guess that is one of those things that works for some people but doesn't work for the other
i have tried to patch online, i got a sig error afterward
patch undo will be created even if it's patched offline right?
thanks

Yes stock ROKR firrmwares all have RSA...

@farkzplay I dont know on what you dissagree... When I say online patch I mean the way we do it in F&B 2.62... Firmwares with RSA dont allow firmware changes like that... Only if you patch it first - then flash it...
farkzlay
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 05:23:03 pm »

really?
i really dont know guys. :-/
i've fb 3.0.6 so i never tried on fb.2.62. i dont know if rokr cant do patch online on there.

in my fb i just provide my firmware, applying some patch and click quick flash, never get a sig error.

@ niks
i dont know if there any differences between fb 2 an fb 3. because i always patching my rokr e1 when my phone is on.

@ badguy
uncheck 'automatically create undo for patches' then you not get the undo patch
NiKSY
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 11:34:04 pm »

in my fb i just provide my firmware, applying some patch and click quick flash, never get a sig error.

@ niks
i dont know if there any differences between fb 2 an fb 3. because i always patching my rokr e1 when my phone is on.

Thats offline patching (the stuff I bolded) Smiley

@Badguy is created only if you checked that box. Its in the same place like original patch only with _UNDO added to its name Smiley
zolookas
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 01:27:18 pm »

Yes stock ROKR firrmwares all have RSA...

@farkzplay I dont know on what you dissagree... When I say online patch I mean the way we do it in F&B 2.62... Firmwares with RSA dont allow firmware changes like that... Only if you patch it first - then flash it...

You can apply "online" patch if your phone has 07.D0 or lower bootloader: go to "Other features" in FB3, select "Generic for phones with boot ver. up to 07.D0" phone profile and new menu item in the left will appear called "Patches". I think depending on this it is not firmwares and not RSA, but loader fault that you can't do online patching and do full backups (32MB).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 01:39:36 pm by zolookas » Logged
NiKSY
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 11:54:29 pm »

I have 3.0.6 and that Patches tab doesnt appear :-|
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting