Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 02, 2024, 10:28:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Handsfree system malfunctioning - HELP!  (Read 3036 times)
mrhohoha
« on: June 16, 2008, 06:06:02 am »

hi all

my e398 has just thrown its latest tantrum...so please help!!

basically, since the last 3-4 days, the phone thinks that the handsfree is plugged in when its not...so no audio while playing music or making a call...but when an incoming call comes in, the phone rings normally....

this happens intermittently, at times everything will work fine.... but then suddenly it'll cut out and switch to handsfree... when i plug the handsfree in, it works perfectly, but when i pull it out, at times it doesnt automatically switch to the normal non-handsfree mode, at times it does...

iv tried putting the handsfree in and out several times, but the problem doesn seem to be connected with the handsfree socket... at this point of time i get the feeling that it could be a hardware fault... but haven been able to isolate the problem...

it'd be great if you guys could help out.... it is really annoying when im on a call, and the audio suddenly cuts out, and i have to plug the handsfree in to be able to continue talking.... or am playin music through the speakers and it cuts out and switches to handsfree...
rheezz
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 07:34:07 am »

ever got something like this, and I solved it by reflashing a reflash...
mrhohoha
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 06:26:18 am »

thanks for the tip but its seems to be hardware related...still...will give it a shot....
in the meanwhile... any help from all u others willl be gr8
rheezz
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 07:41:17 am »

Yesterday I've screwed my phone, no sound on multimedia but ringtone works! It's happened when I wrongly use flex.elf! I Fixed it by replacing its GT n PT! If still not working, u can try to reflash it!
Hopefully u fix it soon!
NiKSY
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 02:54:12 am »

Had the same problem on my brothers E398. You need to dissasemble it and clean (blow) the headset plug (probably some dust or something like that is causing a short-circuit and phone thinks that earphones are attached)
papyrus
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 12:50:04 am »

Hello friends,
I am a newbee,
I had the same problem since long time ago and still, no solution.
I did hardware and software effort, flashed many MP's,repair PDS, downgrade/upgrade bootloader,edited GT n so on
for hardware I've checked all circuits related to headset,hf connector,speaker and PCAP ic, even I did replaced the PCAP and glass ic near hf connector, and many others......
but so far, no gain, hopefully there is a software setting such as patch or elf which could disable handsfree detection

Best regard,

papyrus
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting