Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 19, 2024, 12:25:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: editing the E2 langpack  (Read 3511 times)
SaniOKh
« on: August 31, 2007, 03:10:26 am »

Hi everybody.
I think you already read about the new Russian firmware. Well, I'm helping out with editing the langpack (so far, I didn't add anything, I only modify things to make them look better). And I have a question: I already figured out about the HEX edition of these files, but I can't change lenghts of strings. Is there a way to make strings longer or shorter?
And while I'm at it: do you have any rants about the English langpack, things you'd like changed or shortened (main menu mainly)?
Thanks in advance.
glodos
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 06:23:48 am »

try tu use xvi32 and unmark in "Tools" option "Overwrite". then letters won't be replaced and string will be longer....but i never did that, it's only my suggestion
SaniOKh
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 07:38:25 am »

Already tried that. Changing the string's lengh by plain insertion or deletion of bytes results in a corrupted file.
glodos
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 07:51:53 am »

maybe the lang file must be the same size, like bootscreen....try to add many FFs to hex string to incerase the file size...or delete
SaniOKh
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 11:07:36 am »

If you compare files from different languages, they don't have the same filesize.
glodos
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 12:19:55 pm »

yeah but i mean simple file with text strings, not all langpack....that should have same size as original...probably....i'm not good in lang modding but i remember when on another forum people were making full polish lang for Moto E1000 with slang, they had to make text string with new language in same size like original....other files were killing phone...
hope you understand, my english is poor Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting