Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 20, 2024, 07:39:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: some help please?  (Read 11053 times)
cccf25
« on: August 19, 2007, 02:47:58 pm »

i'm new about E2 and i tried to install skin through mtf file but said unknown type although i use katze firmware i copied the file to my sd card and click on it to install what could be wrong ?

i downloaded inetd software to use telnet and i extract the files into memory card root and i found new folder on the root of memory card called inetd and restart the phone but no program appear as instructions said and when i go inside the folder in found the files and tried to click on them to try to install said unknow type also please help ?

thanks for support .......

Huh?

keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 05:39:56 am »

Try to install manually bro.. Just copy the skin folder to Unregconized-MySkin-skins and themes to same path but in setuptheme folder.. I think mtf will automatically installed when you tap it throught file manager..

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

cccf25
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:13:38 pm »

thanks for your reply,
i copied theme to setuptheme folder but i don't know what after and i tried with mtf file after i copied it to myskin  but said unknown type and nothing happened .

please help .....

thanks again....

Huh?
error398
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 11:36:19 pm »

try to install inetD first..
This is how I used to do for installing skin on my E2:
1. Connect E2 to PC using USB LAN.
2. On Windows, klik START, Run, type cmd, press ENTER.
3. Type telnet 192.168.16.2, press ENTER
4. Type root
5. Open Windows Explorer
6. On address bar type \192.168.16.2\system, press ENTER
7. Go to folder /ezx_user/download/appwrite/setup/theme/
8. Copy *.chm file from skin to it
9. Go to folder /ezxlocal/download/appwrite/skin/
10. Copy skin folder (contained *.ezx and *.ini files) to it
11. Restart E2
cccf25
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 01:41:48 am »

thanks bro but i tried to install inetD as the instructions said to extract its file into memory card root and it created a folder named inetD but i didn't know how i can i install it because i found files inside the folder named inetD and no program appear in main menu of phone and when i tried to tap on any file in the folder said unknown type file ?

if you can help me to install inetd program please don't hesitat.

thanks for all ......
error398
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 02:37:28 am »

for my experience.. i've just extract the inetD then copy the folder to root SD(main such as k:\)
then unplug ur usb cable.. open File Manager>Memory cardfind ur inetD.. then install it to ur phone.. Restart ur phone if necessary
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 03:44:10 am »

I dont think you need inetD anymore to telnet.. You can connect in USB NET to use telnet.. And try to download the non mtf packaged skin.. Oya, maybe you can use the Crazy Install to install your mtf.. But i havent try it yet..

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

cccf25
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 12:22:35 pm »

thanks brothers for your support but please mr.Raunamaxtor you said open file manager>memory card find inetD then install it to ur phone ( please more details how i can install it ? which file i use to install it although i tried all files in the folder before but i got message unknown type ? )

please more details ....

thanks again .....
 Huh?
error398
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 07:52:10 pm »

Installation instructions:
1. Connect your phone in memory card mode
2. Extract the archive into the root folder of your memory card (ex: K:\ or D:\ or F:\)
3. Restart the phone and you will see new applciation called "inetD".
4. Start it before you connect your phone via Telnet. You will hear sound and that's all.
cccf25
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 11:38:30 pm »

thanks bro for your help ,

i want ask for something , i flashed my E2 with Ultimate replace Katze2 and tried to install mtf file and it working and install the skin but i can't find it after installation where i can find it to activate and i put folder ( lot of files ) of theme in themesetup but also i can't activate this theme ?

i install volmodder and use volumtab to increase the volume and copy it to unrecognize file >my_favor and restart the E2 but still when i need to raise the voice stopped at 7 no more ?

thanks again bro.....
 Huh?
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 12:12:14 am »

You can change your theme in Setting - Themes.. The themes must be in there..
For volume modder, you can open the application in main menu.. Then try edit volumetable.. You can choose it whatever you want.. For best performance, 12 is enough.. And the max volume ofcourse is 7.. But you'll hear the differences in '7' before mod and '7' after mod.. Cheesy
Hope this help..

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

error398
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 01:11:28 am »

yeah.. u're right keaglez.. if u mod ur volume up to 12.. it doenst mean that maximum vol is 12.. there is still 7, but its a difference 7 before and after.  Grin
cccf25
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 02:30:08 am »

thanks bros but really i tried to install skin mtf file and said insatlled but not appear in setting themes still default theme only and i tried to download themes from e2mod and found some files i didn't know how i use them so i put them in folder as i red here and put them in unrecognizable files >my_skin>setuptheme but nothing happened?

what can i do after that .....

thanks .....
 :Smiley
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 02:36:20 am »

Place .cfg to setuptheme and skin folder to skins..

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

cccf25
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 03:44:37 am »

thanks bro but all files of theme dosen't have extension file .cfg and i put the folder in setuptheme but nothing happened

i don't have skin folder just one file .mtf and when i click on it i said install but i don't know where ?

thanks again ....
 Huh?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting