Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 24, 2024, 02:26:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disassemble ROKR E2  (Read 10125 times)
u4ia_eclipse
« on: January 12, 2008, 09:51:47 am »

I just found out that the microphone of my E2 has some problems. People on the other end of the call cant hear my voice loud. it's like my voice is far away. I think the problem happend when my phone fell from waist high and the bottom hit the floor. my phone bounced off the floor and that might have caused the damage..

So i decided that i'll open my phone. Problem is i dont know how to properly open it so i can avoid doing extra damage to the hardware..

Do you guys know a tutorial that can show me how to open the phone? Like where are the screws? If it has pictures the it would be better.. Thank you so much!
u4ia_eclipse
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 12:59:24 pm »

Okay, i found out how to open the phone. I'll just write down how i opened mine. I hope someone else can elaborate the steps further because im not good in writing instructions.

WARNING! Opening your phone can seriously damage your hardware. Do not open it unless you're really experienced or you're crazy and have lots of money to buy a new one. I am not liable for any damage you may cause your phone if you try to open it. So do it at your own risk. Plus, you'll void your warranty. You've been warned.

Opening the phone is moderate in difficulty. The HARDEST PART is putting it back together. It is extremely hard because the LCD screen must be connected precisely to the PCB board by a ribbon or else you wont have any display. Yes the screen is not soldered on.

Do this slowly and remember where all the parts you remove are placed. Also be aware of the parts before you start opening them and separating them. This will help you in putting the phone back together later on.

You must first remove the 2 plastic side strips. The strips are just locked into place by some plastic hooks. To remove the strips, first remove the battery cover. Then carefully pry the strips from the phone starting at the bottom. When u un-hooked the bottom part of the strips, you can just slide them upwards and the strips will come loose.

Underneath the strips are the screws. Remove all 6 screws. The top and bottom portion of the casing can now be seperated.

The PCB board is attached by plastic hooks to the BOTTOM part of the casing so be careful in separating the top and bottom case.

Be careful because there are a lot of sensitive "ribbons" (i don't know what they are called). The lcd screen is also just connected by a contact with "ribbon. The contacts are really easy to be mis-aligned. That means that if you cant put the contacts together, there wont be any display on phone's screen.

To put the phone back together just reverse the process. Remember to put back the keypad, side buttons on the correct slot so the phone will look just like the way it was before you opened it.

There. I written this while im really sleepy so i hope someone can explain the process better. Good luck! Btw, i didnt fix the microphone. It's still broken.
lklandaverde
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 02:02:42 pm »

nice tuto. any pic??? can you do it again and take some??? jaja, just kidding!!!
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 10:33:38 am »

pics whould be nice.... Smiley

Taurnil
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 02:54:32 pm »

I have rokr E2 service manual, but I dunno if it's legal to post it... should I?
NightStalker1993
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 11:41:40 pm »

pix from my previous phone-dismantelling session lol...

warranty sticker

oppened up...

back side of the phone...

the rm280 lcd screen -.-"

and does anyone have any idea what is this port for?

its an unused port that is not connected to anything... the screen connects to the white connector...

the back cover....

really rigid design lol...

under side of the mboard..

speaker/camera/flash unit..

front side/side keys...

and when u put back ur phone together,MAKE SURE you allign the side switch properly with the casing's switch and be VERY carefull not to bend it...

found out the hard way -.-"

now my side lock key is broke lol...
error398
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 11:59:50 pm »

any idea how to open keypad board?
Taurnil
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 06:34:32 am »

sorry for asking once again, but the service manual has detailed instructions. can I post it?
motomaniacs
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 06:39:24 am »

i guess it's okay...
@NightStalker1
praise for you on your hardwork
Taurnil
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 07:12:34 am »

OK Here it is: rokr E2 service manual, with detailed instructions  Cool
Mandioca
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 07:57:05 pm »

hi, i'm new. i couldn't open the archive, winrar says it's corrupt. i have downloaded winrar latest version and still couldn't open.
any help?
huatz84
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 09:11:59 pm »

About the unused port,I think our E2 has an extra port that can be used to connect with an adapter.My A1200 has this extra port too...
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 11:34:51 pm »

I can open the archive well

are_goenk
Moto Freak
Global Moderator
Graduated modder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 12:06:55 am »