Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 04, 2024, 02:35:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E398 BIG PROBLEM  (Read 2898 times)
sarquez
« on: August 24, 2008, 01:34:05 pm »

Hey guys, need some help here with my E398, had this phone for 5 years, twice it presented some kind of bug, as the screen would go white, and only one or two keys would work, (one of them the On/Off button).

The second time I had a bigger problem, the phone would lose charge so fast, it would take around 3 hours to be completely without charge... It takes longer hours now to charge, and it discharges in around 2 or 3 hours... Besides, the keypad gets very hot while charging...

I cleaned everything, from the battery pins, to the mother board.... nothing... Bought a new original motorola battery... The same thing happens with the new battery.

Took to the repair shop they told me to change the entire motherboard.... I don't agree with that, as the mobile works ok... Only has the charge problem...

Does anyone have any idea that could help?

Thanks.
aydenatt
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:04:58 am »

check your charger dude...try other charger and see the result..if still got same problem just buy a multi charger..i dnt think so u need to change your motherboard..gud luck.. Smiley
tata78
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:56:34 am »

If the batery is old that might be a problem.
sarquez
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:33:10 am »

Hey guys thanks for the help, did all that... Got another moto with the same battery charged there, the phone eats battery like crazy... 5 hours and it's needing another charge... The same battery takes 2 to 3 days to discharge in the other phone!!! One of these batteries is brand new... Just got from the store.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting