Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 05, 2024, 04:03:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E398 urgent help: SMS tone does not play!!  (Read 4416 times)
spankme
« on: October 28, 2007, 12:25:36 am »

hi.. im new to the forum..  Grin

i have a motorola e398 with a 1GB TF card..
i'm currently using mp3s, stored in the phone's internal memory, for my ringtones, alarms, messages, events..

lately, however, my phone cannot seem to play the assigned mp3 for my messages tone everytime i receive new sms.. as if my message tone assignment is stuck to silent mode..   Shocked :'(
i believe the assigned mp3 file is not corrupted 'cause i can even listen to it during the tone selection process, or even play it from the sounds menu..

i suspect that the problem started after a friend of mine recently used P2KAE v9.5515 on my phone and rid some of which he thought were 'useless' features to reduce menu clutter on my phone..
so i thought he might have disabled something there that shouldn't be for my sms tone to play..  Angry

unfortunately, he cannot remember which one 'cause he somehow forgot to create a backup of my phone's SEEM before making those alterations, if these SEEM changes had something to do with the problem..

have already tried renewing the melodies dbase using P2KTools then powercycling, and even deleting the two db files from the a:\mobile\audio directory, yet still with no avail..  :'(

the last thing i want is to re-flex/flash my phone, 'cause somehow i lost my copy of the MP i'm currently using, or do a master reset 'cause it too might corrupt my MP..   Undecided Sad

please help me bring back the sound for my message tone..
thank you and more power to this site.. Smiley Grin
motomaniacs
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 12:37:07 am »

how about clicking fix melody db?
huatz84
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 12:58:38 am »

Open P2KAE...then open Ring Style..See your profile there..Then,try to change it and after finish..Renew your melody DB...
spankme
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 03:42:19 am »

Open P2KAE...then open Ring Style..See your profile there..Then,try to change it and after finish..Renew your melody DB...

boy.. are you guys fast! Grin
thanks for the prompt replies..

anyways, i followed your tip, huatz84..
opened p2kae..
opened ring style..
clicked read from phone..
made some tone changes on the current profile..
clicked write to phone..
clicked renew melodies database..
then finally restarted the phone..

unfortunately, it did not work.. still my message tone is stuck in silent mode..
i'm using the loud detail profile, in case you're wondering.. set my volume to 5..

by the way, i found a button there, in the ring style dialog box, called ring fix..
after noticing your tip did not work on mine, i've tried clicking that button before renewing the melody database..
but still a no go..  Sad

could it be possible that a corrupted gain_table or param_table might have something with this?
if so, is there a downloadable copy of this file, in factory default settings? and where?

please, if there is some other way to solve this, help me.. Sad
thank you.. again more power.. Smiley
huatz84
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 04:38:32 am »

Try this gain table and param table...Upload it by using P2K Tools 3...copy to a/
Btw,what monsterpacks are U using?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 04:40:06 am by huatz84 » Logged
motomaniacs
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 08:47:30 am »

the last thing i culd suggest you is to flash new mp...
it's a lot of awesome mp these day...
3sixthy
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 08:49:49 am »

yeah, nu MP gonna make ur life refreshed.....he2
spankme
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 02:41:00 am »

oh well sad to say nothing worked.. so i had to a reflash using an MP i found on the net recently..
almost regretted flexing my phone again though, 'cause i kinda liked my previous MP.. Sad

one last question.. a little off topic if you all wont mind..
is a 42R flex battery-saving in general, than compared to either 46R or 49R?  Huh?

anyways, thanks again for all your help.. Cheesy
3sixthy
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 07:27:49 am »

42r has more long batt. life.....
49r has the worst batt.life....
spankme
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 09:08:35 pm »

thnx 3sixthy..
i hope yours is true.. 'cause i have received conflicting reviews regarding 42r from othr people.. oh well, just have to test this out myself then..

by the way, forgot to mention during my prev post, my msg tone works again after a re-flash..

thanks again and more power to motohell.. Smiley
motomaniacs
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 09:12:45 pm »

congratz...
so problem solved huh???
error398
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 11:53:27 pm »

Topic lock
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting