Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 02, 2024, 04:18:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: flashing prob. plzzzzz help!  (Read 4658 times)
towhidabid
« on: September 30, 2009, 03:13:42 am »

so i bought dis E8 a week ago. nd it waz damn slow and i wanted sum new skins installed. so i tried to flash it. btw im a total noob in motorola flashing stuff. so i downloaded RSD lite and went for http://www.e2mod.com/e8/index.php/firmwares/36-0207r-speed-ii-by-martincz.html and followed all d steps http://www.e2mod.com/e8/index.php/tutorials/20-how-to-flash-motorola-rokr-e8.html stated here. now all my phone shows is:

bootloader
06.A9
Err:A5.70.27.00.1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service req'd
battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
data cable

now wat shud i do? shud i freak out? panic or u xperienced motomodder plzzz help me fix my phone..
help man plzz
hand_drake
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 10:09:01 pm »

you must kill RSA bootloader????before flash with your MP<first you must flash with sbf file kill RSA???
Jackie_walker
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 06:21:12 am »

The procedure is really easy; however scary. If you are novice user - do read!
0. The first step is to let you know that Flashing erases everything on your phone memory. DO
A BACKUP OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA!
1. First of all you need drivers, so your computer can recognize your phone. Download and use
always the latest drivers from the Motorola website: http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/U
SB_Drivers/Handset_USB_Driver/
You may need to register an account there, but no worries - it's painless piece of cake.
2. Critical step - charge your phone battery in FULL! I warn you very seriously about that!
3. Go to Settings > USB Settings of your Motorola ROKR E8 and put your phone to "Modem"
mode.
4. Plug the Moto to the computer with regular USB cable. You will see several recognition
messages in the taskbar. Wait until they are all gone with confirmation.
5. This may be a problem - you need the RSD Lite flashing software (version 3.8 or later). The
later version - the better and safer. Where is the problem you may ask - the problem is that the
software is copyrighted and not free. Google will be your best friend to find where you can
obtain it: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=RSD+Lite
6. Start RSD Lite. It must recognize your phone and show your phone info on the screen.
7. Did you downloaded the firmware yet? I guess you do. Unpack the firmware to your desktop.
It will be a large (70MB+) single file with .SBF extension. Now in RSD Lite click on the "..." to
browse and select that firmware.
8. When the flash file is highlighted and recognized press START.
9. Now just wait! RSD Lite will shut down your phone and will put it in bootloader mode. Then it
will start to unpack the firmware into codegroups and then finally - start to flash them one by
one. All you have to do during that process is to sit down, relax, do not start any programs on
your computer, do not trip up the power cables and most important PRAY! Yes - pray to not
have any electricity problems or computer crashes. The moment is really critical for your phone.
It may continue around 10-15 minutes.
10. We hope that you are lucky - the phone should say "PASS" and eventually turn on.
Disconnect it from the USB cable and use it. If it do not turn on (but show "pass", "finished" or
"please manually power up the phone") then you have to turn it on. It's not a rare scenario that it
won't turn on. Do not panic - remove the battery, insert it again and then power on. If your flash
went OK then you are ready to go!

** NOTE : Before Flash With New Firmware, Make Back Up ur Phone Book n Internet setting
               n Flash with No RSA Bootloader , then your Firmware you like,,

ROKR E8 - Nik_Black_Diamond_Final_Superb + No RSA Bootloader
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting