Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 03, 2024, 10:35:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E2 alarm clock problem  (Read 7502 times)
Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:38:38 pm »

My phone's alarm clock did not ring at time!!it's getting annoying,any solution to this?
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:02:11 am »

I found a bug with TheOneb2 (may be the same with all). The problem is that if you switch your profile to "Silent" and then return it back to normal - the alarms remains silent... The only solution is to reboot the phone.

For that reason I am turning off my phone every time when I need silent mode. Hopefully that will be fixed further...

P.S. Can somebody test with ilove3d Ultimate?

THRCKR
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:19:40 am »

i test in ultimate and the bug it remains  :Smiley

other bug is the daily, only ring one time the first day Sad
zjole
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:33:54 am »

Yearh,this is a known bug.Unluckily,we havent figure out the cause. Sad

Usually,I use a app called "autoPower" (by tomlih@it168) as an alternative.It can automaticly turn off the phone and then turn it on at specific times.It uses the built in alarmclock app to work.Generally it's more reliable in my case.

Should I upload it here and explain how to use it?

@Exploited:I tested twice and the alarm rings normally.I'm on 12.01.48P(modified by myself).
Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 05:38:26 am »

Anything to fix the problem,thank you.I've tried ultimate,and now using katze2,both of it have the problem with the alarm clock.
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 08:35:04 am »

Just don't use the silent profile and that's it... Smiley

huatz84
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 09:47:12 am »

Usually,I use a app called "autoPower" (by tomlih@it168) as an alternative.It can automaticly turn off the phone and then turn it on at specific times.It uses the built in alarmclock app to work.Generally it's more reliable in my case.

@Exploited:I tested twice and the alarm rings normally.I'm on 12.01.48P(modified by myself).
Zjole,where did u got app "autopower"? Sorry for off topic.
zjole
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 09:43:08 pm »

Just don't use the silent profile and that's it... Smiley
This is how I test:
The first time,set the alarm clock and switch to silent profile.Then switch back to normal profile.The alarm rings.
The second time,switch to slient profile then set the alarm clock.Switch back to normal profile.The alarm rings too.
So in my case,switching to slient profile dont cause the alarm clock not to work.
But sometimes the alarm doesnt ring and I havent found the cause. Huh?

Zjole,where did u got app "autopower"? Sorry for off topic.
See the attached file.(Contains source code too Smiley
Usage:add it to your autorun script(startup.txt).For example,I put the autopower app in "unKnown" folder.Then I will add:
Code:
if [ -f /ezxlocal/download/mystuff/unKnown/autoPower_ac ]
  then /ezxlocal/download/mystuff/unKnown/autoPower_ac
fi
After that,reboot the phone.You will see two new alarm named "poweron" and "poweroff" in Alarm Clock.Modify the time to your need then reboot the phone again(not necessary but suggested).Now,its working.Hope this app may help you. Smiley

BTW:How it works - It runs in the backgroud and checks every 12s if it is the "poweron" or "poweroff" time.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:55:37 pm by zjole » Logged
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 01:19:09 am »

Looks like that the problem does not exists on stock firmwares. So the bug is coming from a mod in the existing monster packs

zjole
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 03:32:02 am »

Looks like that the problem does not exists on stock firmwares. So the bug is coming from a mod in the existing monster packs
As a matter of fact,I'm on a self-modified firmware.
So far as I know,early stock firmwares have this problem.I guess it's a bug of the built in alarmclock app,but not caused by mod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting