Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 05, 2024, 05:54:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird Problem With Sound (speakers)  (Read 5838 times)
NiKSY
« on: January 16, 2008, 06:04:58 am »

Ok, after trying everything that crossed my mind I finally come to ask for help.. I should have done that earlier...

I have 2 e398s and one ROKR in my house, and they worked perfect until recently. My brothers e398 started acting weird, it doesnt want to play music through speakers! And its not like speakers are dead, when you go to RingStyles and try some ringtone it plays it! But it wont play in Multimedia>Sounds or in JAVA... Also, while in call - no sound can be heard and no sound is transffered to the other side of the line...

I flashed atleast 5 different MPs with different FWs, its deffinately not that. I opened it up, cleaned it, there is no dust anywhere(and I cant understand, if its HW problem, why does it work in ringstyles???), I restored full backup from r372 thinking maybe PDS got broken or something...but still the same problem is there... Sometimes the phone works normally, but then it switches to bastard mode and doesnt...

Any ideas how to fix this? And what is the problem anyway?
Thank you in forward!
Cheers!
Jithin
Inactive :(
Global Moderator
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:10:16 am »

My friend's L6 had exactly the same problem and I couldn't help him.. And after a few days,it was all right automatically..!!
Me too want to know what the problem may be.. Sometimes it will be the similar issue as with non-responsive keypads.. Smiley

NiKSY
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 08:58:22 am »

Yeah, I thought it was fixed,too, but after working good for a week, my bro told me it broke itself (lol) again... I dont get it? Im thinking that it isnt HW problem since it can play somewhere and somewhere not...But I dont know what can then be with SW? I have no ideas :-|
huatz84
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:05:28 am »

I think it's your headset jack problem.When U plug Ur headset onto the 2,5 mm jack,U still can play ring style sounds thru speakers.Check your headset jack if there's dust or maybe it's broken.
prasasti
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 04:21:31 pm »

Agreed with Huatz.
U cant speak and hear anything either when in call since the phone think that the headset pluged in.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:39:21 am by prasasti » Logged
farkzlay
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 03:29:58 am »

I think it's your headset jack problem.When U plug Ur headset onto the 2,5 mm jack,U still can play ring style sounds thru speakers.Check your headset jack if there's dust or maybe it's broken.

nice idea, i've the same problem a long time ago but, it's normal automatically.
weird...
nalimen
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 06:39:02 am »

i also agreed with huatz84, try to clean the jack, u can use a needle or the male jack, or may be if you want, try to find the replace on market and replace it.

we all wait for the progress of this problem.
NiKSY
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 11:08:09 am »

Yes, yes, yes! I now agree with huatz also! He was right, I dissasembled the phone once again and I cleaned it nice and good...And blowed it a lot, and now its all normal.
Thanks modders!
nalimen
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:00:31 pm »

Okay, one problem solved!

now we can learn for some another problem.
NiKSY
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 02:15:26 pm »

Thanks all again, it was really annoying problem Cheesy
Cheers!!
farkzlay
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 07:26:19 pm »

i think u should praise him for his idea.
error398
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 07:44:11 pm »

Yes, u must praise him if he help u solve the problem..
NiKSY
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 02:33:35 pm »

And I did so Smiley
No1 praises meeee  Embarrassed
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 04:13:48 pm »

..Hmm have to keep this in mind

@ Niksy bout time someone did Wink
error398
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 07:52:05 pm »

Praise is mean Thanks to someone if they help u or useful thread
Punish is mean punished to someone if they make a bad thread
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up