Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 02, 2024, 04:53:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: complete noob E2 help  (Read 19759 times)
NestorM
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2008, 03:35:09 pm »

use another battery, and flash first with .SHX
Taurnil
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2008, 04:31:30 pm »

why can't u access bootloader? tried to force bootloader mode using modem mode in rsd lite?
popcorn1
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 09:12:48 pm »

my phone is non working.  i can only go to splash screen.  cannot manually turn on.  must plug in usb or charger and it only stays at the power up picture.

i cant even switch to modem mode because my phone doesnt work.
NestorM
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2008, 09:48:45 pm »

remove the battery an put in again.  press bottom red with voice key, once again voice key,  when you stay in second bootloader (second screen red) conect to pc, run rsd lite, and flash it with ilove3d ultimate .shx file.
solidsnake
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2008, 11:54:30 pm »

it's strange you keep saying "it stuck in the splash screen".
do you know how to access bootloader?
there is no connection between accessing bootloader and splash screen (turning the phone on)
to access bootloader the phone must be completely off, then press voice button on the side of the phone, then while still pressing voice button tap red button several time (10-20times!) until it access bootloader.
remember just tapping, don't press red button to long otherwise you turning on phone.

so access the bootloader, NOT turn on the phone (splash screen)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:18:07 am by solidsnake » Logged
error398
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2008, 12:00:45 am »

he is completely noob.. enter the bootloader like u flash ur firmware b4.. how u flash ur phone? i know u can understand what we saying.. it's so easy.. search the topic how to flash ROKR E2.. there is include how to go to bootloader mode.. XD read carefully, it may help u.. believe us.. never surrender and no mercy
popcorn1
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2008, 02:04:43 pm »

i know how to access bootloader. (voice+red) thats how i flashed my phone the previous 2 times.  but now i cant.  i cant turn on the phone manually.  only by charging it but it only stays on the splash screen (the power on picture).  to turn off the phone i have to unplug it.  when i unplug it the phone just blacks out.

so basically its bricked because bootloader doesnt work.

here are the things i did to my phone.

1. flashed titanium regular .sbf file to 2nd bootloader.  forgot to flash .shx file  titanium still works fine without .shx
2. flashed to http://www.e2mod.com/content/view/250/26/  (so i can reflash titanium fresh on a new firmware)
3. jay chou firmware successful
4. flashed to onlyyou4 (successful)
5. flashed titanium .shx to bootloader1 (successful)
6. flashed titanium .sbf.  fell asleep
7. woke up next day. dad unplugged phone.  firmware not working.  phone can turn on fully but firmware not complete. cant access menu or call.
8.  went home reflash titanium .shx (successful)
9. flash titanium .sbf (manually reboot)  phone wont turn on
10.  this is where i am now.  bootloader wont work. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:20:35 pm by popcorn1 » Logged
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2008, 02:12:48 pm »

If you plug out the battery and plug it back, then hold the voice key and red key, what do you see in your phone? If its nothing, you might need doing test point...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

popcorn1
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2008, 02:22:47 pm »

nope.  charged my phone for 1 day.  it just stays on splash screen.  when i unplug the phone it turns off. try bootloader doesnt work. take out battery and put it back in doesnt work.  plug usb into phone.  voice button lights up.  phone turns on to splash screen and turns off in 10 minutes.  same thing.
popcorn1
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2008, 02:23:12 pm »

how to i test point
konspirasi
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2008, 09:43:05 pm »

Better to go to service center
Taurnil
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2008, 04:04:48 pm »

Omg... He barely can flash his phone and you are asking him to do test point on his e2...
Test point is not for newbies. You should go to some technical service.
Some days ago my e2 microphone got broken. Nobody heard me and no sound were recorded. I'm electronics engineer, but I don't have the parts either the experience to risk my phone. So I sent my phone to a technical service center, and it was fixed perfectly.
Sometimes things like these happens. If you don't have the tools or the experience to fix your e2, don't try anything and send it to someone experienced.
error398
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2008, 08:24:15 pm »

yup. i agree with taurnil.. dont take a risk if u not sure what to do..
the7_keys
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2008, 07:45:41 pm »

i'am a noob too, but it's seems popcorn1 having problem with battery.
why dont you try to charge you battery with desktop charging which can charge the battery it's self w/o phone.

I had exactly the same problem couple years ago when I had flashed my L6... it wont charge the battery when I plug in the charges / cable data, while it's should be works.

after 1 full day finally my battery fully charge with desktop charges

then I can continue, successfully flashed my L6.

L6 and E2 having the same system of charging and data port, right... just try it and good luck
error398
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2008, 11:24:29 pm »

but its have different bootloader and different os..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting