Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 04, 2024, 06:34:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ps1 emulator out for s60v3! why we dont have it 4 e2  (Read 15795 times)
azim61
« on: May 12, 2009, 01:14:31 am »

Hey all modders, i heard from mobiles24.com and other site that nokia s60 now running ps1[playstation1] games somhow on their mobile. why don't we? we now playing gameboy games by creating a emulator. so aren't we can create a emulator for our rokr e2? As it also created for motorola e680i by oopsware. please discuss about it.
BlinK_
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 02:00:23 am »

Talented coders with E2 is all what we need. (: And anyone can become that with a little bit of work and dedication.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 02:17:21 am »

That is possible, but yep, we need talented coders... Smiley

Well, unfortunately, I think E2 community is not as enthusiast as before... Sad

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

ahmed
Really experienced

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:35:42 am »

talented coders...i completely agree with you keaglez.. where are zjole,arctu and Taurnil ? they were active members..of course besides you who still an active member..there are also AV3LaR and NestorM but i think they have more sharings in modmymoto forum have not they?
DeeZy1611
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 06:57:21 pm »

Talented coders with E2 is all what we need. (: And anyone can become that with a little bit of work and dedication.

how wud u suggest to become a coder?...im interested in E2 modding but i lack the knowledge. anything i should read up on or programs to buy and learn to use?
BlinK_
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:41:19 pm »

Most of the programs are done in C++ for E2. So if you don't know that language, try to get a little bit familiar with it. Best way to learn a programing language is to code. (: Think of a program you would like to have, a simple one, and try to realise it. There are good video tutorials at 3dbuzz.net to get you started.

After that try to configure build environment for E2. That is to install linux on some virtual or real machine, or set up cygwin environment. Then try to write simple programs for E2.

Porting other applications is a little bit harder. I don't know what are the main rools or ways, if you may, to do that.

There is plenty of information on the wild wild net. But it is sometimes hard to find what you need. You need keep on practicing.
Polar_BearXL
Really experienced

Me when I was small

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 01:58:03 am »

But is it possible? i mean, looking at E2 resource, PS1 need a 3d capable hardware isn't? at least the processor should be able to do it, it will be to resourceful, to emulate it all

mike_ob
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 10:01:38 am »

Some games can be played, if we can play doom in rockbox, we will play 2d games of ps1 in e2... We need to wait a little more.
nihilus53
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 09:38:18 am »

i agree
Joka X
MH Official Spammer
PHD modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 09:42:27 am »

But is it possible? i mean, looking at E2 resource, PS1 need a 3d capable hardware isn't? at least the processor should be able to do it, it will be to resourceful, to emulate it all

this. I agree.
azim61
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 05:02:02 am »

but why should we wait? for e680 it has been created. i think it need just to port on e2 with e2 keymapping and overclocking system to make it run. And finally to create an mpkg file. i am not a techie guy but i think we all newbie needs to learn to create a emulator for e2 of ps1. someone help me how to do those cause i have some free time.
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 07:03:12 am »

the hardest part is the porting I guess..

you require some C/C++ knowledge for that... Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

enslaved
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 07:24:57 pm »

So u can keag?
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 07:30:09 pm »

I never do it, so I can't be sure... However, currently I have no time to look into it...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

Polar_BearXL
Really experienced

Me when I was small

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 01:09:28 pm »

I never do it, so I can't be sure... However, currently I have no time to look into it...

Having an exams? or Registering to university? :p

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting