Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 16, 2024, 06:04:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kalid Remake  (Read 7997 times)
GeozTsai
« on: June 13, 2008, 04:15:43 am »

Can we remake or take out things from the kalid f/w to put on non kalid f/ws?

like softlock or task mgr...

maybe we can take the ilaunch bar out too?
arctu
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:59:36 am »

short answer: no.
long answer: yes. if there is someone who can do ASM coding like the kaleid developer.
BlinK_
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:01:05 am »

I don't have a clue how they made them. But I am too interested.

Is kaleidoscope a different kernel? Or is it just some addon libraries? Maybe someone with more knowledge can answer. Or is it modified libraries?
arctu
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 05:51:35 am »

modified libraries and binaries. Grin
GeozTsai
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 05:59:32 am »

then how did they maks softlock c+*?
or task mgr?
steel00
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 07:57:06 pm »

I didnt know the kaleido functions were made in ASM!!!
that kinda sucks
kidscracker
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 03:03:11 pm »

WOW! the so famous kalid was made in asm? GREAT! i'm an asm coder so may be i'll try to remake it if i get more info about the libs and if my favourite compiler (FASM) support the processor of the rokr , BTW what is the processor? there's any source code or fragment of the original kaleid? if someone have more info please PM Cheesy
Darkslider
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 03:13:03 am »

WTF ASM?o_O
I know one guy of developers.I know the true answer,but it is secret.
Relax,motobrothers,you never learn the truth about this.
kidscracker
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 07:16:55 am »

Well anyway i think that disassembling the libs won't hurt anyone no? Tongue jeje i've translate the Kaleidoscope MPKG (Really teh .lin file) to Spanish but as it enables the Kaleidosopes features but t doesn't disable them, ASAP i'll be correcting this, and release. Back to the Kaleid thing i think that with a research in the opcodes of the libs i'll find something interesting Wink
AV3LaR
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 11:34:01 am »

Wow thats awesome kidscracker
Darkslider :
Just SPAM???, what he works for Moto and he developed kaleidoscope in secret jaja?
Darkslider
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 08:32:02 am »

Nope,it is not opcode.And there is no features like kaleid, in stock phone.No opcode will work to these upgrades.
It's an modification.
NestorM
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 11:14:07 am »

maybe you and All Russians modders can finished kaleid project???
kidscracker
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 07:37:07 am »

Oh sorry, i mean the code of the libs. Now i'm using IDA to get the asm codes, but as you will know it will need a lot of work, but it's not imposible. Well i've disassebled other programs before, but not in ARMassembler, so now i'm learning the new instruction set of the ARM processors, as soon as i learn a reasonable set of instructions i'll be able to understand the logic of the code. other thing that i must learn is how to cross copile under windows, if someone can help me please Cheesy. any new i'll let you know.
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 07:57:32 am »

I was thinking that the kaleidoscope apps are C/C++ apps but I may be wrong here... Assembler is a good but really unpractical idea - I don't trust that anyone will have the time and nerves enough to develop visual apps in assembler Smiley

kidscracker
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 08:24:45 am »

Well i'm a ASM programmer, i've mke my own Msn Messenger in pure ASM 4 years ago, and make many visual programs in asm on windows, not under linux =(, and and i really like it Wink. Anyway i think that with some long nights and some cups of coffe i'll find something interesting ASAP as i get familiar with the ARM ASM sintax Cheesy. May be the Russian modder will give us a clue to do what they already did. Anyone is with me?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting