Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 04, 2024, 02:29:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Tutorial] How to compile for E2 [the idiot proof method]  (Read 6622 times)
arctu
« on: September 11, 2007, 05:24:45 am »

MODS Please move the topic if it's in the wrong section.

Okay, it seems that the E2 is lacking good applications since we have only a few programmers. This is probably because of the lack of clear instructions on how to install the compiler. Hence, people don’t dare to try programming for E2 and learn the ultimate C/C++ language. Agreed?

Tutorial here.
error398
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 07:18:54 pm »

nice info.. thanks.. it's same with others topic? compile and decompile
zjole
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 07:49:43 pm »

Maybe it's not so easy to find the right cross complier.But the HOWTO is do included in the readme file in lasly's sdk.   
ilove3d
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:07:40 pm »

Okay, it seems that the E2 is lacking good applications since we have only a few programmers. This is probably because of the lack of clear instructions on how to install the compiler. Hence, people don’t dare to try programming for E2 and learn the ultimate C/C++ language. Agreed?

Tutorial here.

cross compiling is much easier than developing

developing on a non-oss system with no sdk is hard
crz
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 10:13:44 pm »

Tutorial here.

cross compiling is much easier than developing

developing on a non-oss system with no sdk is hard

but there is some sdk, beta or else...
arctu
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 11:08:07 pm »

Oh.. must be my mistake. You all don't get the point of this method.

1. @zjole: The HOWTO in lasly's sdk zip only points to how to get the SDK running & how to compile it. YOU HAVE TO SETUP arm-linux-gcc YOURSELF! (Uh btw, Don't get me wrong. I am not shouting. Just highlighting the important part)
2. @ilove3d: cross compiling is easy but setting up the cross compiler isn't an easy job for people who are new in developing for linux platform with linux (like me). (I'm very unfamiliar with make)
3. Before I use this method, I tried to setup my own arm-gcc-linux on my Ubuntu box. Believe me, it was horrendous + the time taken just to install the cross compiler was very long.
4. The compiler I reuploaded was found in the e680 community. You can also find it in lasly's blog (but i can't seem to download from it).
5. The compiler is setup with VFP for our phone's processor.

I really hope that more people would be brave enough to venture into programming. So this tutorial is like a jump start.

EDIT:
Read here https://motohell.com/index.php?topic=382.msg802#msg802
Hotus mentioned that it was a little painful to setup the cross compiler environment.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 11:15:13 pm by arctu » Logged
zjole
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 05:37:09 am »

Oh.. must be my mistake. You all don't get the point of this method.

1. @zjole: The HOWTO in lasly's sdk zip only points to how to get the SDK running & how to compile it. YOU HAVE TO SETUP arm-linux-gcc YOURSELF!
Do you mean where to put the cross complier?I dont think that should be a problem... Wink

Below is the content of HOWTO.TXT from lasly's sdk.I think lasly has stated the necessary steps.So I think you just dont find the right cross complier.You can get it here(I think Exploited should host it Smiley)
how to build e2 native program:

install the arm-linux-gcc

1.set the env path:
run:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/arm/bin
export QTDIR=~/e2-ezx-sdk
export TMAKEPATH=~/e2-ezx-sdk/tmakelib/pwd/arm-linux-g++/
export PATH=$PATH:~/e2-ezx-sdk/bin

notice: ~ is the parent dir of e2-ezx-sdk

2.in ur program dir

run:
progen -o makefile.pro
tmake makefile.pro -o Makefile

notice makefile is ur function name

3.modify the Makefile

find the key named "LIBS"
modify the value to
LIBS   =   $(SUBLIBS) -L$(QTDIR)/lib -lm -lqte-mt -lipp-codecJP -lezxappbase -lipp-miscGen -lezxpm -lipp-jp

4 make

run:

make

at last, u get the program which u want ^o^

if u have some question, Email : flylasly@gmail.com

arctu
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 12:06:48 am »

Firstly, if you knew how to (put what you want here).. u shouldn't be here Wink I don't really get the point of your comments.

Secondly, since you knew so much, I think you should also already know that the setting up cross compiler is actually not just like that. You need to actually build the toolchain. (That's why I called my guide idiot proof  Grin) I've attached the guide I took from CSDN blog. (Uh btw, anyone know why compiling with the prebuilt tool chain produces bigger executables?)

Thirdly, I've already pointed out that I took the xscale compiler from e680 community. Obviously, from the rar file you linked. And also, we only need the compiler from the rar. We only need 98mb of the 121mb. That was why I kindly reupload it.  Cheesy

Lastly, I only created the tutorial/guide to share my knowledge. But.. uh.. I don't think I should do this anymore since the outcome is not favourable to me.  Sad
sjj
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 12:23:46 am »

I think what he meant is that the tutorial above is for people who is not a developer currently and want to start making applications but don't know how...
So, if you already is a developer, you do not have to use this tutorial...
zjole
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 02:47:38 am »

arctu,I think we too just misunderstood each other...You see,I cannot express myself freely with my limited English.Sad

Anyway,thanks for your tutorial.

(Uh btw, anyone know why compiling with the prebuilt tool chain produces bigger executables?)
Try /usr/local/arm/arm-linux/bin/strip to reduce the size.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 03:01:08 am by zjole » Logged
arctu
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 04:16:51 am »

=) I will agree with that. Anyway.. thanks for the strip command.
Exploited
Administrator
Ultimate modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 02:20:06 pm »

Ok looks like we need an experienced volunteer for a nice English tutorial for n00bs like "step by step for ignorants"... It should be like "click here, write this there, here is a screenshot, etc"... All starting from "a long long time ago in a kingdom far far away I installed a linux distribution XYZ on my PC..." Smiley

Huh?Huh?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting