Moto Hell - The Motorola Modding Community
May 07, 2024, 09:59:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is no longer active and registration is disabled; however you can still fetch everything as guest.

Home   Help Facebook Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to flash e2 with latest firmware?  (Read 5097 times)
aminulahsan
« on: May 30, 2008, 03:00:34 am »

I've bought this phone.now i want to flash this with the latest firmware.i used n73 me and for firmware update it required internet connection while updating.is it same for rokr e2?or in its case i can download the firmware and flash it to my phone afterwards?do i have to install any software in my pc for updating firmware?please tell me elaborately how to flash it with latest firmware?and also recommend the best firmware for music experience...please help me!!i know nothing on flashing motorola phone so please be elaborate so that i can easily do it..thanks in advance!
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

http://jeffri.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 05:08:26 am »

All u need is just download a MP, the RSD Lite software (dont ask where to get it, u should Google for it) and the driver... And of course, unlike N73, flashing E2 is offline since the MP or firmware is provided by user and not by Motorola... (AFAIK Motorola didnt provide online firmware update) The tutorial is available at e2mod.com... Smiley One thing to make sure before flashing is u must use a fully charged battery... And there is no guarantee if anything happened, just for ur note... Wink hope it helps...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

aminulahsan
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 10:58:37 pm »

What is "MP"?where shall i get it?in e2mod.com?and the driver?google it?ok...after having "MP",RSD LITE,and the driver ...what shall i do,please tell me step by step procedure please..and please reply...
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 01:45:54 am »

MP is Monster Pack, synonim of custom firmware i guess... U can get it in forum and e2mod.com... Only RSD Lite u will need to google... Smiley The procedure and step by step can be found on e2mod.com... Go into Tutorial and see "How to flash"...

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

aminulahsan
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:45:55 am »

I've downloaded maxx firmware from e2mod(size 48.2 mb...unzipping gives two files..one is .sbf and other is .shx file)think its the mp filealso, downloaded rsd lite(v3.Cool and the driver from e2mod.unzipping the driver gives 10 various files(no installer file),what shall i do with those?i don't understand how to turn phone to primary boot loader again after flashing with .shx file,and when to connect the phone with pc in modem mode-before turning the phone off or after turning it off and getting to secondary boot loader?meaning when i get secondary boot loader then shall i connect it to pc in modem mode or what? how can i understand that secondary boot loader has arrived?and how shall i turn into privary boot loader after .shx file flashing?please reply...
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:03:59 am »

To get into bootloader:
1. Turn off ur phone.
2. Hold voice key (the key above SD card slot) and press red key (power key) until u get into the red screen. >> You are in primary bootloader now!
3. Then to get into secondary bootloader, after the above step, press voice key (try several times) until u see the screen change. It must show Bypass bla3... >> You are in secondary bootloader now!

To flash:
1. Install RSD Lite and unzip the driver.
2. Prepare the shx files and switch to secondary bootloader.
3. Connect with USB cable.
4. Windows will start to find the driver (only first), ask Windows to search the driver manually and point it to the folder where u unzip the driver.
5. Then follow the instruction and if a pop up appear, just click Continue.
6. There is few driver and repeat step 4 and 5 untill all done.
7. U will see ur phone connected in RSD Lite.
8. Select the shx files.
9. Make sure battery is fully charged.
10. Start flashing!
If success, repeat with sbf and primary bootloader. Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

aminulahsan
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:49 am »

Ok...but my question is how will i turn to primary bootloader after flashing with .shx file?shall i turn the phone off and press those two buttons to get to primary bootloader or what?i mean after first successful flash(.shx)how shall i turn to primary bootloader...by turning it off and on to primary bootloader?and with those driver i have nothing to do but unzip it and select that folder(or individually all files?)to windows for the first time connecting?isn't that so?thanks in advance for reply..
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 10:04:28 am »

Yes...after success with shx, turn off ur phone and get into first bootloader... Btw i think u will understand when u start to flash... Oh, and when RSD ask for manually turn on ur phone, then u should release the cable, remove the battery for a while, then power it on...finish it by connect the cable... (dont close RSD) Smiley

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

aminulahsan
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 10:24:14 am »

Ok..after .shx success i disconnect data cable,turn off the phone(power key will work?or i remove the battery?)and after some time turn on again..get to primary bootloader connect the phone and flash with the other file.after that i remove the cable..turn the phone off..remove the battery and put it back again and turn on and my phone is flashed!right?
btw does flashing void warrenty?if so is there anyway to put it back to its original firmware so that i get warrenty if needed?and also tell which firmware has the best sound quality(deep clear bass and loud in earphone)...thank you for being very helpful!
keaglez
Indonesian Motolover
PHD modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:11:25 am »

Warranty will void...and that is the risk of modding... Smiley To get best quality in sound, install Rockbox... Grin

Best regards,
Jeffri H.

aminulahsan
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 06:12:35 pm »

Thanks friend...everything is almost clear but i'm confused over one thing.after first flashing with .shx file slall i have to disconnect the cable and remove the battery?this is my figst flash ever on this phone so i want to make sure  everything goes perfectly and thats why i'm asking you again and again!
Btw is installation of program in e2 is like installing the software in s60 phones?in s60 you have to copy the program to the phone(memory card or in phone memory)and install from phone.is it same in here?or i have to do some other things to install?thanks...
error398
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 08:42:34 pm »

yes u must remove the battery until the message appears 'please manually turn on ur phone'.. after that u must press voicekey+red button then flash it with .sbf file. Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By Forum Hosting